cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Recreation.gov ?

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sure that this has been asked but, do the sites go on sale at 12:01 EST? For the life of me I cant figure out what time sites go on sale. Have looked at recreation.gov site to see if they give a time for online but can only find times for call center. This makes planning for vacation so stressful! Any info would be appreciated. Thanks Tara
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL
13 REPLIES 13

hbrady
Explorer
Explorer
At least you had the right date! I noticed a reminder in my calendar yesterday for 2/20/17 to make reservations at Schoodic in Maine. By chance I happened to jump on receration.gov yesterday and noticed I could book now. Not sure how I came up with 2/20 when I made the reminder months ago but I'm glad I checked the site yesterday ๐Ÿ˜‰
2015 RAM 2500 HD Crew Cab w/ 5.7L Gas
2018 SportTrek 290vik
Blue Ox SwayPro

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
ok it is 10am EST. If I would have tried to book one of those sites at 5:10 am yesterday for the 23td of july it would of come up in red print : Retry at 10am. Didn't do that. Anyway went in this am for spot at RMNP for July 24th and only 7 to choose from and we got the site we wanted!! Yeah!! But Reserve America they said does vary. 2gypies yes I seen those sites sunday but we needed the 24th of july not the 23rd and those sites would not work for our unit. But thanks! Anyway I,m a happy camper now!!! Thanks everyone !!
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
I just looked on the site and plugged in Moraine campground for July 23 for 4 nights (not knowing your details) and a lot of sites are available. I chose one - Site #A46 and it stated the reservation window is Tues, Jan 24, 2017 to Sun July 23. I guess I don't understand what you can't do. You should be able to find suitable sites for you in that campground if that's where you want to stay.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
accsys wrote:
Just for info, Florida State Park sites open at 8:00 a.m. Eastern 11 months from date of first night's stay.

..,and it's very common for the site you have an eye on in the Keys to sell in a split second. Nothing fishy going on, just numerous people pushing the button at the same instant.

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
Just for info, Florida State Park sites open at 8:00 a.m. Eastern 11 months from date of first night's stay.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just curious.. where are you trying to get reservations for?

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
I truly wish they would go back to the good ole days and just have a limited number of sites that can be reserved and the rest 1st come 1st served!
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
This is what i'm going to do. Every hour beginning with midnight I am going to check recreation.gov. I will just set my alarm every time then I bet I find out what hour they actually are open for reservations. Should not have to do that but we want a site!!! I'm really tired of the run around!
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
TxGearhead wrote:
caysea7254 wrote:
Ok thanks! I just talked to a customer service from recreation.gov and they said 10:00 am EST. But that doesn't seem right because this morning I was in Recreation.gov and they were taking reservations this morn at 5:10am EST for RMNP for July 23,2017, so really don't understand it at all. Too confusing. LOL

Same thing they told me. I logged on, picked my site that should have been open, clicked on "RESERVE NOW" at 0010:00.01 and it was already reserved.
There's something going on that's not right.

I called the campground office. The campground is closed for winter. The lady that answered wasn't at the campground and didn't know anything about anything.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
caysea7254 wrote:
Ok thanks! I just talked to a customer service from recreation.gov and they said 10:00 am EST. But that doesn't seem right because this morning I was in Recreation.gov and they were taking reservations this morn at 5:10am EST for RMNP for July 23,2017, so really don't understand it at all. Too confusing. LOL

Same thing they told me. I logged on, picked my site that should have been open, clicked on "RESERVE NOW" at 0010:00.01 and it was already reserved.
There's something going on that's not right.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
I recommend calling the contact number for the campground you want and asking them. I think the 10 a.m. EST is a default setting that recreation.gov uses, but that any "owner" or campground entity could change that to their own particular preference (e.g., 7 a.m. local time; 12:01 a.m. EST; etc.).
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
I imagine it varies, Yosemite if I recall right, sites go onsale at either 7 or 8 AM PST. You have to check to see which it is. I have no idea when Bahia Honda sites hit the market but those are on ReserveAmerica. I looked at the website but got no clue other than 11 months in advance. Call them on the phone and you may get an answer. They do mention that the phone is manned from 8 AM to 8 PM so that might be a clue.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper