cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Firefox won't let me download Chrome

realladyat57
Explorer
Explorer
After reading several responses to my questions re Firefox vs Chrome I decided to give Chrome a try. Now I find that every time I I go to the Chrome website I get a message from Firefox telling me the site is not safe. Is this really an issue or is Firefox just trying to keep me as a user?

Comments/advice are welcome.
Thanks, MaryAnne
MaryAnne
8 REPLIES 8

fulltimedaniel
Explorer
Explorer
I hate to say this partly because I am no fan Of MS but also because the IE browser was so inferior to Firefox Opera and Chrome for so long BUT I have to admit the new Edge is faster, cleaner and very very good.

I would give it a side by side test.

They finally got it right this time around.

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
If Firefox won't let you download something, why not use Edge or IE instead? That's what I would have done. I'm assuming you're using W10.
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
I have never had a problem with FireFox either, I download anything I want..
check your settings...
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I believe Chrome can "import" FF bookmarks for you...
I've not done that yet.. But let me check something

IN the upper right corner is a column of 3 periods one over the other Click and it opens a menu (Drop down type) choose BOOKMARKS, under that is IMPORT bookmarks and settings, Choose the browser you wish to import from (Mozilla Firefox) and OK.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Clay_L
Explorer
Explorer
You can import the bookmarks after you import Chrome. It has been a while since I did that but as I recall it is an option when you first start Chrome.
Clay (WA5NMR), Lee (Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats) Salli (dog).

Fixed domicile after 1 year of snowbirding and eleven years Full Timing in a 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N, Workhorse chassis, Honda Accord toad

realladyat57
Explorer
Explorer
Oops. I just discovered what I did wrong. It is now downloaded. All I have to do now is figure out how to set it up with bookmarks, etc. I may be back. ๐Ÿ™‚
MaryAnne

MNGeeks61
Explorer
Explorer
I was able to access the Chrome website using Firefox as well...

Try a direct link?

click

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sounds like your settings are messing you up. I can access Chrome website with no issues using Firefox. Are you sure it's actually the right website?
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"