cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Magnolia Branch Wildlife Reserve

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Has anyone had any experience with this campground? Really sounds intriguing. Have looked on RVReviews and have mixed opinions, so I'm looking for your opinions.
We will have a new B+, so many size factors won't be an issue.

thanks
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
1 REPLY 1

Hiking_Hunter
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, stayed there for a few days a year or so ago. Primitive setting, bath houses are OK (not great, but acceptable), Most sites are fine - sandy soil, level. My pick for the best sites are 33, 34, 35 (although 35 is right by the dump station), then 36 thru 40. The ones below 33 have fairly deep "ditches" between the sites and if it has been raining, hold water. Sites 1-4 and 28-32 are right on the lake if that's what you want. If it has been raining, though, they may be flooded out. Sites 41-50 are pretty good sites and have a few trees between them, but a little closer together than 33-35. 51-60 were either not there a year ago, or I didn't notice them, but they look very close together. Many sites are full hook-up. The beach is a large sand bar on the creek; the current is fairly swift around it, so I wouldn't let kids swim there. They have canoes and kayaks for rent and will carry you up the creek to float back down to the campground. Nice float trip. They have bicycles also if I remember right. They say they have horses, but didn't see any in the stables when we were there. There is a zip line across a small lake, fishing in the lakes, and a hiking/bike trail around all of it (the terrain is flat). I tried to go back for a couple of nights about 6 months ago, but had a small emergency and couldn't make it. I called them and cancelled my reservation, expecting to lose the first night's fee. Talked to a kid on the phone who didn't relay the message to the manager, so I ended up losing both nights. Just "wrote it off" and didn't pursue. Fairly good for the price. Owned/run by the Indian tribe in the area. The only real problem I remember is - the day we left, a lot of people dumped their tanks at the same time (in preparation to leave) and the sewer couldn't take the load. It didn't overflow out of the lift pump, but the sewer was very slow to empty. It had been raining hard for a couple days before we were there, so that may have had something to do with it also. Hope they got that fixed. Best I remember, I don't think there are any grocery stores nearby.

If you like State Parks and COE parks, you'll probably like this one. If you prefer private campgrounds with a more "finished" construction, you probably won't.
Amateur Radio WA4GIY
2015 Montana High Country 305RL
2013 RAM 3500 4x4, crew cab, long bed, 6.7 CTD, Aisin trans.
CGVW 20460 Lbs.