cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toilet Replacement

HuckleCat
Explorer
Explorer
I read the stickied conversion chart but my existing toilet is not listed.
Trying to fix up an old Revcon class A

It is 1975 or so Aqua Magic model. No numbers after it. Currently it is operational but before I remove it I need some advice.

Are all the fittings pretty much standard on an RV potty?
Anything I should be aware of in replacing? I have done tons of residential toilet replacement but none in an RV.
Me and the sweetie found a super 1975 Revcon 250-T
Road worthy as it is, just working out some bugs.
8 REPLIES 8

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
HuckleCat wrote:
Thanks for the quick replies! Going for the Thetford Bravuro.
Might have questions later on the existing plumbing system. It is all copper lines and they got a few holes in them. Debating on replacing the entire system.

My '84 was full of holes from not being winterized properly. I kept the copper where I could, but used SharkBite fittings and PEX to replace the bad stuff - toilet included.

I got the Dometic 320. The porcelain looks good, is solid and easy to clean. The swirl action is like a home terlet and effective in removing things that you don't want to remain in the bowl. The seat is residential-like. Women dig it.
1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

HuckleCat
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the quick replies! Going for the Thetford Bravuro.
Might have questions later on the existing plumbing system. It is all copper lines and they got a few holes in them. Debating on replacing the entire system.
Me and the sweetie found a super 1975 Revcon 250-T
Road worthy as it is, just working out some bugs.

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
I have pulled mine up a few times to work on it. If you have done a ton of residential peice of cake. Mine is a 3 inch flange just like any other and use standard Joni bolts and wax ring. Water is 1/2 ips
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Take pictures of the toilet, plumbing, etc. Is this Qest plumbing?
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced the original toilet in my '84. The bolt pattern was not correct for the new toilet. In some cases the flange is threaded on to the top of the black tank so you can remove it and replace it with a new, correct flange. In my case the flange was cemented to the tank. Dometic makes adapters for this situation (as do other manufacturers). The adapter raises the toilet about a 1/4" but comes with a nice trim plate to hide it.

Or you may get lucky and it will be a direct replacement.
1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

Tinstar
Explorer
Explorer
I had one like that in an old 5'er I had. I think a new one would have bolted right into place had I replaced it. I just bought a repair kit and worked on the old one. They are pretty simple if you're handy. Wear rubber gloves. 🙂
:CNever pass up a chance to go somewhere:C

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Water line connections are 1/2 inch male on everyone I have seen. length could be an issue. I used a 1/2 inch sink flex to extend mine.
One of the best replacement is the Thetford Bravura. Bolt holes provided will fit nearly all configurations.
This chart may make it easier.
conversion chart

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Of the two I have done in a Rv, help friends, they were both different.

Doug should pop in after a while. He can give you more info. Have fun