cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Knocked a hole in my Rhinoflex sewer hose!

ulvik
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know if you can replace just the hose section with a standard hose you can find almost anywhere or is the hose itself a special one?
2018 Ram 3500 DRW
2015 Heartland Big Country 3650RL
Great Smokey Mountains
25 REPLIES 25

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hair can build up around the shaft and needs cleaned.

I used mine 10-15 times a year 150 gallons at a time and my impeller needed replaced every two years. Vanes break off. West Marine keeps a hook full of them for a reason.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Big Katuna wrote:
When that macerator jams you have to deal 1-2 gallons of raw sewage in your water bay. Happened to me TWICE.

With a tank rinser and a quality 3" hose, I never have to deal with a drop of raw sewage.
Ditto!
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

MudChucker
Explorer
Explorer
OMG - Sorry sorry to the OP for annihilating the thread.

but... since the damage is done...

๐Ÿ™‚

Bumpyroad, you mentioned that you dont consider dumping a race, neither do I, but I like to be efficient, and considerate of others in line on the hot summer days at the various dump stations across the continent and dump as timely as I am able.

I'd buy a macerator so I can fertilize my neighbours garden for him...if I knew I could do it quickly ๐Ÿ™‚ ^Kidding^

Concerns about the lack of "woosh" leaving chunks behind tho.
2017 Cougar
2015 Ram 3500 Megacab 6.7 Cummins Aisin transmission

chuckbear
Explorer
Explorer
I didn't see anywhere in the OP's initial posting or question, anything about macerator pumps verses sewage hoses. How about starting another thread? Chuck

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
if your macerator pump clogs, you have too much fiber in your diet. nothing in my black tank but TP and everything else has gone thru a body.
but of course I use my macertor pump to dump my black tank at a campground. every third night or so I get a FHU site and dump at my leisure, untimed of course, as I am not so cheap as to use the public dump to save $3.00 a night. and it always seemed to me when using a stinky slinky that there always a cup of "water" caught in the corrugations that ended up either on the ground or on my shoe. I suppose if I took 30 minutes to work the SS back and forth/up and down, most, but not all of that waste would actually go into the sewer opening. and putting away and storing a "hose" vs a stinky slinky is no contest.
bumpy

irishtom29
Explorer
Explorer
Dumping your tanks with a normal hose is a very simple job, I wonder how even a klutz could manage to make a mess of it. Maybe some people don't actually make a mess but have a strong fear of doing so.

LarryJM
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
throw away the stinky slinky and buy a sewer solution of macerator pump instead.
bumpy

IMO for 99% and normal sewer connections at a CG that is a TERRIBLE solution to basically a non problem. You will also not get near the "FLUSHING VOLUME" from something like that molasses slow macerator pump system that you can thru that 3" "FIRE HOSE".

IMO a macerator system is only necessary for "EXTREMELY" long (50 to 100') distances or uphill situations.

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Big Katuna wrote:
A macerator is over $200 and is slow and can jam and requires maintenace every so often. And you still have a poop hose; its just a smaller diameter.

The pump will only jam if you're careless and allow "stuff" in the toilet that shouldn't be there in the first place. :W

I've had my Flojet Waste Macerator since 2006 and it's required no maintenance at all. Last year was the first time I've ever looked at it when I decided to replace the seals ... now that I have I see no reason it wouldn't go another 10 yrs without any attention. ๐Ÿ™‚

No, no "poop" in the output hose - once macerated by the stainless steel chopper blade what enters the hose is essentially water with just small particulate content. ๐Ÿ™‚

Regarding comments about "how long" it takes to service the tanks with a macerator my answer would be it takes as long or as little time as you want. I use mine primarily for servicing the tanks at home so I never have to line up at a campground dump station ... my time is my own, no one is lining up behind me, why I would care "how long" the process takes is a mystery, I've never given it any thought. ๐Ÿ™‚

But I guess those who've never owned one would know better. :S
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

cmcdar
Explorer
Explorer
I always use a slinky at a dump station, but never see or drop sewage.

Surely, you are not using a macerator at a campground.
HTT: 2007 R-Vision Trail Cruiser c191
TV: 2010 Nissan Titan Pro4X Crew Cab

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
cmcdar wrote:
"at least with the macerator I don't have to clean "stuff" off my shoes that always happened to drip out of the hoses with the horrible stinky slinkies.
bumpy "

What? You must be dumping at home. Where and how are you dumping when you use your slinky?

where are you dumping that you don't use a slinky? do you just pull up sort of close to the "trough", and let er rip?
back when I used a slinky, before I wised up, I always hooked the slinky from outlet to dump input.
bumpy

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
When that macerator jams you have to deal 1-2 gallons of raw sewage in your water bay. Happened to me TWICE.

With a tank rinser and a quality 3" hose, I never have to deal with a drop of raw sewage.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

CampbellDaycrui
Explorer
Explorer
Did you try asking your wife to hold her finger over the hole while you dumped? That would work.....

cmcdar
Explorer
Explorer
"at least with the macerator I don't have to clean "stuff" off my shoes that always happened to drip out of the hoses with the horrible stinky slinkies.
bumpy "

What? You must be dumping at home. Where and how are you dumping when you use your slinky?
HTT: 2007 R-Vision Trail Cruiser c191
TV: 2010 Nissan Titan Pro4X Crew Cab

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley wrote:
Bumpyroad wrote:
MudChucker wrote:
Bumpyroad wrote:
throw away the stinky slinky and buy a sewer solution of macerator pump instead.
bumpy

sorry to derail the thread...

how long does it take you to "dump" with one of these ?

have no idea, I start it up and finish other chores.
I don't consider black tank dumping to be a race.
bumpy

It's good that you have chores to do while using your macerator because you will need something to do to pass the time away.
Maybe a good time to wax the entire RV and cut the lawn....and the neighbors lawn...:B

at least with the macerator I don't have to clean "stuff" off my shoes that always happened to drip out of the hoses with the horrible stinky slinkies.
bumpy