cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Excursion V-10 tuner?

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
I was thinking of adding a tuner for a upgrade in shifting as well as adding a larger transmission cooler.

Any suggestions on brands for both products?
10 REPLIES 10

spud1957
Explorer
Explorer
2018 F350 6.7 4x4 CCSB
2022 GD Reflection 337 RLS

WE3ZS
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just another super happy 5Star Tuning customer here.......

Kalabin
Explorer
Explorer
Yup, if your needing a tuner for the Ford V10 hit up Mike @ 5-star. Just bought a new to me 2009 F350 w/ V10 and already have it tuned through them.
2009 Ford F350 V10 4.10 FX4 Crew Cab SRW, Timbrens, Leer Topper

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley wrote:
If you're trying to increase towing performance I suggest 4.30 gears.
I have a Diesel truck for the large camper. I will tow less then 5k#. More interested in firming up the shifts although a little extra power isn't necessarily bad.:W

Gooding__R
Explorer
Explorer
I have the 5 star and have never been sorry. I put a 5 star in my new Newmar Bay Star 34 and have seen a great difference in the power and the shift pattern. The 5 star made a the hills a breeze.

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
X3 for 5 star. Mike is an awesome tuner.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
2016 BMW 2.0L diesel (work and back car)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L Ecodiesel

Highland Ridge Silverstar 378RBS

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
4.30 gears and tunes from 5star tuning. The 4.30's will make a huge difference in how the V-10 performs. The tuner will make the trans shift the way it should've from Ford. 5star has the best reputation for tuning the Ford V-10. I love mine, it's nice to be able to hold O/D on a decent size overpass or rolling hill. And it will hold each gear longer so the RPM's don't drop below the power band on the next upshift.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
If you're trying to increase towing performance I suggest 4.30 gears.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

MudChucker
Explorer
Explorer
5-star custom tuning
2017 Cougar
2015 Ram 3500 Megacab 6.7 Cummins Aisin transmission

MudChucker
Explorer
Explorer
just about any cooler will do, of course the larger the better - keep in mind, some shops may attempt to convince you to remove the transmission lines for the radiator - dont give in to this crazy talk.

tuner... wel-- Im not a big fan out of the out of the box tuners for gasoline engines. You could buy and Edge or SCT - I would look at a custom tuner like 5-star or find a local shop that does EFI-Live.

I have had EFI Live on every gasoline truck Ive owned and have had great success - your success here really depends on the shop doing the tuning.

we did the EFI Live and high volume bosch injectors on my 6 liter 2500HD and that really lit the beast up.
2017 Cougar
2015 Ram 3500 Megacab 6.7 Cummins Aisin transmission