cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Overhead Entertainment Area Winnebago 29b - materials

yankeewing
Explorer
Explorer
I am in the process of installing tv mount in entertainment area above cab area on my Winnebago Minnie 29b. When looking for a place to mount articulating arm. I noticed Winnebago never finished off the area behind cabinets of the overhang with anything. You can see the back of the fiberglass front and is very cold in there. Looking to put something up there that looks good and to make it not so cold.
Looking for something like the ozite carpet or the all fiberglass luan type board that could flex around the bend.
It is roughly 96" long and 34" wide
3 REPLIES 3

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
I have same issue with the aspect from winnebago, Sent them an email and they claimed 'it is insulated' and that you cant see it! Will I will be putting something up there soon as it is Hot in Summer and Cold in winter from the area. The framing for the supports for the sound sytem is also pretty weak so will have to play by ear. We are having a metal building built which will use a foam board type insulation, will try to see if it is something that can be used. Pretty thin, but when we checked out builders work on others buildings the insulation seemed to work well. Will see in next 60 days. Already in 90's out here.

TippleUnduly
Explorer
Explorer
Had a similar issue with my BT Cruiser cabover. I paid $200 to have spray foam insulation installed. Certainly improved both the sound over the road plus the rig was warmer. But presented problems when trying to repair wiring that was now buried! Would do it again, tho.
Bill K

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
For insulation, ordinary fiberglass batts held in with screening/netting works as well as anything and is a lot easier to curve than sheet foam board used in the flat walls of most RVs.

My Coachmen (with a bunk in that area) originally used fiberboard/pressboard covered with headliner material and bent to shape. I replaced it with a flat piece of luan, stiffened with battens on the back, and finished with thin carpeting. This panel is attached to wooden cleats with screws (with heads colored to match the carpeting--they actually bend in very well). The carpeting I actually cut from an inexpensive indoor/outdoor "rug" sold by building supply big box stores (unlined, made from recycled plastic) and the material works very nicely for this application. It's kind of like the sort of carpeting one would use to cover car speaker enclosures and that sort of thing.

I suppose one could use spray foam for insulation, but that would make any future repairs to the area that much harder. The foam would stiffen and help support the fiberglass skin, unlike fiberglass.