cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

More Temptations: Dutch Oven Recipes

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
While looking up some info, I found that Lodge Cast Iron has updated the recipe section of their website. Some mighty big temptations there.
Cast Iron Dutch Oven Recipes
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus
14 REPLIES 14

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
Flip him on head to kill him, then swallow him whole to small to cook. Make sure he's dead so he doesn't scratch or tickle throat on way to acid pit.

NYCgrrl wrote:
bigred1cav wrote:
garmp1 wrote:
BUT what does chicken taste like?

Lizard

Geico??
But but he's soooo cute:(.

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
bigred1cav wrote:
garmp1 wrote:

Lizard

Geico??
But but he's soooo cute:(.

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
garmp1 wrote:

Lizard

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
garmp1 wrote:

Why tuna, of course:B

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
NYCgrrl wrote:
magnusfide wrote:

Princess Drama Mama probably googled the French. These kids are over the top with clever these days.

I've had rabbit and liked it. It tasted like chicken.:W

Just like rattlesnake is reminiscent of eel and whyyyyyyy chicken:B.

When the Zombie Apocalypse comes, I'll be ready as long as they let me stay inside behind strong walls working on my wild boar ragout.

"It Tastes Llike Chicken" is our standard family joke. When one of the kids didn't like something we always told them to try it because "ITLC".

I've had wild boar. A bit scruffy but passable. It would be good in a ragout I imagine but the guy didn't know how to make it.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins

Magnus

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
magnusfide wrote:

Princess Drama Mama probably googled the French. These kids are over the top with clever these days.

Just like rattlesnake is reminiscent of eel and whyyyyyyy chicken:B.

When the Zombie Apocalypse comes, I'll be ready as long as they let me stay inside behind strong walls working on my wild boar ragout.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
NYCgrrl wrote:

Still in the freezer and dinna make the cut for the kiddos' camping trip menu. I make a menu spreadsheet and share it via the 'net w/ the kiddos so they can critique (something I would NEVAH do for their parents, LMAO). I wrote it up as "lapin a la coquette" since I wuz sure the Princess' French wasn't there yet; Wrongggggggggg!!!

She picked up on it immediately and gave me a look replete with emotions ranging from untrustworthy (remember this is the child who fell under the campsite's picnic table when she learned that the pasta sauce she'd been fighting w/ her cousin over thirds for, had cheese in it, exclaiming she'd been poisoned. Aww, my little drama mamita!) to sheer disbelief.

It's OK.......took me almost 30 years to convince her Ommpah that fish with bones wouldn't kill him so I've enough patience to wait for her to come to her "senses"; I'm in it for the long haul;).

Saving the rabbit for an adult only meal and have decided that maybe 1/2 the rosemary is needed and certainly sage should be added.
Let you know when it comes to the table:).

Magnus

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
magnusfide wrote:
NYCgrrl wrote:
magnusfide wrote:
While looking up some info, I found that Lodge Cast Iron has updated the recipe section of their website. Some mighty big temptations there.

"Wabbit" with Cheddar Bisquits stopped me in my tracks.
Just bought some frozen rabbit and this seems to be an answer to the question minus the cheddar:c.

Did the "wabbit" turn out good?

Still in the freezer and dinna make the cut for the kiddos' camping trip menu. I make a menu spreadsheet and share it via the 'net w/ the kiddos so they can critique (something I would NEVAH do for their parents, LMAO). I wrote it up as "lapin a la coquette" since I wuz sure the Princess' French wasn't there yet; Wrongggggggggg!!!

She picked up on it immediately and gave me a look replete with emotions ranging from untrustworthy (remember this is the child who fell under the campsite's picnic table when she learned that the pasta sauce she'd been fighting w/ her cousin over thirds for, had cheese in it, exclaiming she'd been poisoned. Aww, my little drama mamita!) to sheer disbelief.

It's OK.......took me almost 30 years to convince her Ommpah that fish with bones wouldn't kill him so I've enough patience to wait for her to come to her "senses"; I'm in it for the long haul;).

Saving the rabbit for an adult only meal and have decided that maybe 1/2 the rosemary is needed and certainly sage should be added.
Let you know when it comes to the table:).

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
NYCgrrl wrote:
magnusfide wrote:

Just bought some frozen rabbit and this seems to be an answer to the question minus the cheddar:c.

Did the "wabbit" turn out good?

Magnus

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
bootstrap wrote:
magnusfide wrote:

Great resource!

I notice they have some unusual ingredients in some of the recipes, is there a site that has some good recipes based on more ordinary things like Spam or hot dogs?

I'm a SPAM fan myself. Here's the official recipe page that should get you started.
Easy SPAM recipes.

Magnus

bootstrap
Explorer
Explorer
magnusfide wrote:

Great resource!

I notice they have some unusual ingredients in some of the recipes, is there a site that has some good recipes based on more ordinary things like Spam or hot dogs?

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
magnusfide wrote:

Klbc
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, Always looking for new good recipes.