cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Why hardly any posts?

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here it is our first winter of retirement and it's like this section has died.
I was hoping to learn all kinds of things, is everybody gone to a different site/forum? There have been days at a time with zero posts.
What gives?
And yes I know how to search, but that's history for the most part.
Puma 30RKSS
47 REPLIES 47

ro_sie
Explorer
Explorer
Pawatt, Thank you for the kind reminder that we are in a specialized forum. I will try to take this to " Around the campfire" Again, thank you!
ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Fleetwood Revolution LE

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
I appreciate all the new posts but respectfully request that you take non snowbird/RV conversations to around the campfire forum or to private message's
Thank You, your moderator
pawatt

ro_sie
Explorer
Explorer
Good Morning you all. I hope your day is going better than mine has. Kahlan was a little monster this morning. she should be feeling pretty good, but then, you know 8 year olds. she got her second strip last night towards her next belt color. $ stripes and the master figures you are ready to take the test for your next belt. Right now we want her not to get her next belt until after she goes to the tournament in Charleston. A new belt would put her in the next highest competition. She hasn't been studying for that, so we want to hold her back until after she gets home from the tournament.

Also Art started off with a bad day. Sometimes after you have colon surgery like he did with the cancer, it happens like that. It seems to be calming down somewhat , so he may even enjoy his day at home.

I was going to groom gracie and Rockie today, but with Art home, I think that can wait til tomorrow. It was 48 when I got up at 6 this morning, now tho we are up to 50 at almost 10 am. there is something to be said for living in SC.

Well, I am off. I hope everyone here is having a great day.
ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Fleetwood Revolution LE

ro_sie
Explorer
Explorer
Good morning, so nice to see the new posts here.

tragusa3, glad you stopped in and hope we see lots more of you. I hear you about the rude poster, and here is my solution. I just ignore them. If everyone did the same, they would eventually give up. When you are new tho, it does put you off. Happened to me when I first came here. Luckily I met up with some nice people tho and they helped me cope.

Ross, thank you for the info on making the pupusa. I may give them a try. I really prefer the flour tatillia myself. I do love the corn, but I like it in cornbread.

I am finally sitting down to a cup of coffee. I make one when I first get up and have a couple of sips of it, then I have to get Kahlan up and fed and dressed, teeth taken care of and her backpack ready and then take her to school. When I get back, I zap my coffee and bring it to the puter and have my coffee and read on here. When my coffee is gone, it is husework time. Let me tell you, I drink my coffee r e a l s l o w. ๐Ÿ™‚ this morning I had to force Gracie and Rockie out the door. We had some rain during the night and they hate getting their feet wet. I discovered tho, I have to make them go out or it is not pretty in the house. these guys are really small. they each weigh about 5 pounds and are mostly hair. They look like two dust mops.

Huckleberryhunter, I hope things are going ok with you, and with westernrvparkowner also.

Well, my coffee is gone. duty calls. but, I will check back in when I take my lunch break. You all take care.
ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Fleetwood Revolution LE

tragusa3
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport hit the nail on the head I'm afraid.

I used to check the 'active' list every morning with my coffee before going to work. When I realized that most mornings I was leaving worked up about a rude poster (not towards me in most cases) I figured it was time to not come around as much. I check once a week at most now. I'm sorry for it too, as I miss the interaction. This is a tough hobby to just go down the street and have commonalities about with someone else.
New to us 2011 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34TGA
Join us on the road at Rolling Ragu on YouTube!

RossAnabel
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for clarifying.

happycamper002
Explorer
Explorer
RossAnabel wrote:

To the OP, as in a lot of things, there's nothing as constant as change. IRC chat rooms were all the rage after Al Gore invented the internet. That died out, now the forums are giving way to the new.

Ah!

Al Gore did not invent the internet. Please don't tell that to those scientist engineers at DARPA (Defense Advance Research Project Agency)

Al Gore had no formal science training because he is so poor in math. He ended taking journalism instead.

He did have interest in sciences that won his place in the Engineer Brigade in the army.

He was only ten years old when DARPA started on the project in response to Russia's Sputnik.

And (oh) he did coin the phrase "information superhighway" being a writer.

Sorry.

RossAnabel
Explorer
Explorer
Anabel also makes a sweet tamale, stuffed with raisins, yum. The shell of the pupusa is made of corn flour and water, like dough. Make a ball, then flatten and make bowl shape, put the stuffing in the middle, remake it into a ball, then flatten to about 3/8 thick and pan fry.

Charleston is nice, I've been a few times for work, we have a customer there.

To the OP, as in a lot of things, there's nothing as constant as change. IRC chat rooms were all the rage after Al Gore invented the internet. That died out, now the forums are giving way to the new.

ro_sie
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds good to me Ross. When I was in high school I had a Hispanic friend. I can remember the first time I saw her family making tamales. They were like a production line, but my gosh, they were good. Does she use corn tortillas or the flour ones? I buy something here called chimchinga that sound very much like your pupusa. Love them. Anabel sounds like a very nice lady. She sure must be busy with everything she does.

We are going down the Charleston the end of the month. Our Kahlan is going to a taekwando tournament there. This will be her first tournament. Right after the tournament she will be taking the test for her brown belt. If school wasn't in session we would stay over a few more days. Charleston is a beautiful old city. We have been there before. I tell you tho, when we drove by the old slave market, I had goosebumps. I hated being near that place. The thought of the merchandise they sold makes me sick. inhumane.

Have you been reading the mail on huckleberry and Daniel? There are some nice people reading this thread. You guys may decide you would like to be friends.

I have to clean my grand daughters rug today. I hate that job. Its a killer. Maybe I am just getting old. anyway, I am off to do that job and then.....the rest of the day, I am going to goof off. Take care guys.
ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Fleetwood Revolution LE

RossAnabel
Explorer
Explorer
A pupusa (poo-poo-sah) is a stuffed tortilla that is then pan fried. Stuffings are any combination of mashed pork, beans, and cheese. If there are enough Salvadorans in an area, someone will start a Pupusaria and sell them, there are 2 in Grand Rapids that I know of. Along with tamales, church groups sell these as fund raisers. Individuals will also do this. We did this one weekend to try it out, it's a lot of work for the money.

ro_sie
Explorer
Explorer
Ross, I think we have one of those around here too. My keys to Arts truck were missing for almost a month, and then they mysteriously reappeared on my bedside table, in plain sight. s far as tools go. We have his tools ad her tools. I keep mine in a couple of tool boxes and no one can use MY tools unless they ask. the deal is, they have to be returned and put back where they came from. If someone abuses that , they don't borrow anymore. Arts tools are kinda spread about, wherever he leaves them. He is the biggest borrower I have ๐Ÿ™‚ He is really good about putting my tools back. Not his tho. I recently saw a Rockwell compact circular saw on sale. its the kind with the long handle on it that you can get in smaller spaces than a regular circular saw. I bought it because it was a good deal and Art has really looked it over. I know it will be a handy tool to have.

fulltimedanial, it is really nice to have you here. I will have to check out that site you speak of. I am hoping that this site thrives tho. I think so much of it is that people jump in and make comments and of course there are the ones with the snide remarks. But, You know, there are SO many really nice folks in this community. The nice folks, once they are snapped at tend to be pretty quiet after that. So, I am hoping we can entice some of the nice folks such as yourself and Ross, huckleberryhunter, and westernrvparkowner stick around and make this a pleasant place to converse. I see you are a full timer. that is interesting to me. Have often wondered how it was to give up a stationary place to hang your hat and take to the road. Of course that does make for extra bathrooms to clean and those pesky fridges. Anyway, so glad you dropped in and hope you make a habit of it.

I spoke of bathrooms because I am cleanng tile in mine, so I need to jump back on it. Can only leave that tile cleaner set for so long.

It has been very pleasant chatting and Ross, you need to think about some of those "tile" things to hang on your tools, so you can look on your phone to find them ๐Ÿ™‚
ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Fleetwood Revolution LE

fulltimedaniel
Explorer
Explorer
bucky wrote:
Here it is our first winter of retirement and it's like this section has died.
I was hoping to learn all kinds of things, is everybody gone to a different site/forum? There have been days at a time with zero posts.
What gives?
And yes I know how to search, but that's history for the most part.

Go take a look at the thread in General RV'ing on this topic of is the Site dying?

Many folks have interesting things to say.

RossAnabel
Explorer
Explorer
I'm convinced that the Tool Gremlin (he's the little guy that moves all my tools around on my workbench any hides them in plain sight every time I'm not looking) has figured out how to manipulate my phone as well.

ro_sie
Explorer
Explorer
Ross, I have had that happen. I think I hit a key by accident on my board, and BOOM, they are off to never never land.

Art and I made it out to do some shopping this afternoon. I am making treat bags for my grand daughters class for Valentines day. I should say, I MADE treat bags. I did them as soon as I got home so I would not forget and then be rushed at the last minute.

You know, we need to find some little space creature to search for those lost posts ๐Ÿ™‚
ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Fleetwood Revolution LE