cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Stackable washer/ dryer

cpope84
Explorer
Explorer
Looking into getting a stackable washer/ dryer setup. What is the best one out there?
2012 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn
2017 Heartland Bighorn 3760EL
19 REPLIES 19

photobug
Explorer
Explorer
Just got a panda washer/spin dryer portable unit for about $150. plug it into the faucet, drain hose in the sink and 110v 240w, could possibly use on battery power. weighs 28lbs and about the size of a large desk waste bin. Looking for a convenient location to store it since we have limited space. Was going to use the shower, but didn't want to crack the base with it bouncing around while driving. We leave in 2 months to start our first extended road trip. Excited/Nervous all at the same time.
1998 Class C Lazy Daze 26 1/2 island bed
banks intake/exhaust
wifi/4g/siriusXM/DTV/DirecTV/CB
2xGeorbital electric bike conversions

azjeffh
Explorer
Explorer
CrossCountryNomad wrote:
TechWriter wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:
I have the Splendide stackables. Work great. Smaller loads than a full size unit but who cares ? The dirty laundry is 2 feet away from it and the drawers and closet for the clean clothes are about the same distance. Easy-peasy. Would not even consider doing the full timer lifestyle any other way.

Ditto.

OP, if your RV only has 110V (and not 220V) available, I'd also recommend the Splendide (ie Artison) combo.

Another Dittio.

We have the Splendide/Artison washer and dryer stackables. We don't have a scheduled 'Wash Day', just wash as needed. It is so convenient to have everything in the motorhome.

There's no need to pack up the dirty clothes, find a decent/clean laundromat (only god knows what has been in a public washer or dryer), wash/dry everything, then pack up the clean clothes, drive back to the motorhome, then unpack everything and put it away.

I think I would quit RVing if I had to use a laundromat.

Wouldn't be without our Splendide as well for everyday use. I will say this however, when getting home from vacation and having 8-10 loads of full size laundry, that's when we use the laundry at the park we're staying at.
Jeff
Wonderful wife Robin
2016 F350 PSD Dually
2016 DRV 38RSSA

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
or consider nudist campgrounds?

CrossCountryNom
Explorer
Explorer
TechWriter wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:
I have the Splendide stackables. Work great. Smaller loads than a full size unit but who cares ? The dirty laundry is 2 feet away from it and the drawers and closet for the clean clothes are about the same distance. Easy-peasy. Would not even consider doing the full timer lifestyle any other way.

Ditto.

OP, if your RV only has 110V (and not 220V) available, I'd also recommend the Splendide (ie Artison) combo.

Another Dittio.

We have the Splendide/Artison washer and dryer stackables. We don't have a scheduled 'Wash Day', just wash as needed. It is so convenient to have everything in the motorhome.

There's no need to pack up the dirty clothes, find a decent/clean laundromat (only god knows what has been in a public washer or dryer), wash/dry everything, then pack up the clean clothes, drive back to the motorhome, then unpack everything and put it away.

I think I would quit RVing if I had to use a laundromat.
Retired Air Force - 20 years - AFTAC and 1CEVG
2012 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2006 Chevy HHR - toad

1967 Olds Cutlass slideshow

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
cpope84 wrote:
What do you do to keep them from tipping over?

Floor anchors
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Community Alumni
Not applicable
cpope84 wrote:

Mine are anti tipping they use gyroscopes in them just like the space shuttle had and a lot of washing machine and dryer glue helps too. :B

They have a stacking kit and they are screwed to the cabinet by the RV mfg.

JimR

DianneOK
Explorer
Explorer
We had GE stacks. They were anchored to the wall. Washer was full size, dryer capacity slightly smaller.
Dianne (and Terry) (Fulltimed for 9 years)
Donnelly, ID
HAM WB6N (Terry)
2012 Ford F350, diesel, 4x4 SRW, crew cab, longbed
2009 Lance 971 Truck Camper, loaded

Life Member Good Sam
Geocache..."RVcachers"
RV net Blog

[COLOR=]Camping, nature's way to feed the mosquitoes

S-n-L
Explorer
Explorer
We love our washer and dryer. I would not live full time without it. We have the Splendide. The loads are smaller than a household unit but it works great.

We do laundry when we are hanging around the coach and it saves us so much time compared to traveling to a laundromat and twiddling our thumbs there. I have hardly ever been to a laundromat that I thought was a pleasant place to be.
Stuart & Leslie Offer

2008 Holiday Rambler Navigator 45-Caspian IV, Cummins ISX 600. 2014 Jeep Cherokee limited,Cashmere. Roadmaster Sterling, SMI Airforceone. Full timing since June 1, 2014

slickest1
Explorer
Explorer
We still use the Splendide for washing only. We were at an RV parts place and they had a new dryer out of an RV. We got it cheap and it fit on the shelf above the washer. My wife would not be without it. Eventually we will replace the washer.Yes they do smaller loads but she does a load every day when we are around the coach and stays ahead of the laundry. We hate laundromats for several reasons.
1998 Holiday Rambler Imperial 40 ft.
Dennis and Marcie and Pup the Jack Russell

cpope84
Explorer
Explorer
2012 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn
2017 Heartland Bighorn 3760EL

Community Alumni
Not applicable
I have the Whirlpool stackable front load washer and dryer

JimR

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
GoPackGo wrote:

Ditto.

2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Aridon
Explorer
Explorer
Any front load washer will work. Dryer we use Whirlpool LDR3822PQ. We weren't fans of splendide.
2019 Grand Design Momentum 395
2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10

2014.5 DRV Atlanta (sold)

2008 Newmar 4330 (Modified) Sold

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer

You might do some searches as this general question gets discussed all the time.