cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

residential refridgerator

allbrandauto
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2007 Fleetwood bounder going to install Samsung residential refridgerator with doors off measures 24 5/16 inches my door opening on motorhome is 24 1/2 anybody tried this going thru the door
19 REPLIES 19

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
nyrngrz wrote:
Ivylog, which Whirlpool model fridge did you replace your Norcold? My problem is that I have the furnace under the Norcold 1200 and that reduces the height I can install. Not sure of your coach, but if it is only a 1/2 inch difference it may be able to work.

Same problem here and if and when we're ready, I may have to look again and into one of these... FISHER PAYKEL
Expensive, I know, but then DW wants a large fancy one, if ever, but as far as I'm concerned a little apartment size would do and would still provide more cu ft, than the 1200. Would also provide space on the side for an additional built in pantry.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

Mickey53USA
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting Read - Going to replace our Norcold next week with a Samsung RF18. I have a side entry and have 28 inches, so I am good to go. Have to modify the cabinet - bottom cabinet drawer is going out, but we will have a great refer. Installing a new PSW just for the refer as well as a Magnum AGS.
Michael
2009 Destination 37G. Cummins 6.7L 340 HP, Allison 6 Speed, Freightliner XCS - 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited "Toad"

tinkerer
Explorer
Explorer
We did the same installation on a 2007 Discovery. There are 2 frames on the entrance door. You only have to take off the inside frame and move the passenger side seat. The peg for the door latch was in the way but we were able to lift the Samsung above the peg from off the bed of a pickup with some extra help. One of the best improvementselection we ever made. We have 4 golf batteries and they seem to do the job. My coach had two receptacle behind the old Norcold and I was pleasantly surprised that one of them was hooked to my inverter. I can email you a picture of the final installation.

allbrandauto
Explorer
Explorer
installed ref. Saturday tight fit but it went thru door

Tinstar
Explorer
Explorer
Here's the link to Ivylog's refrigerator install

HERE
:CNever pass up a chance to go somewhere:C

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not on puter so do search Whirlpool DIY by Ivylog... pictures and model #s.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

nyrngrz
Explorer
Explorer
Ivylog, which Whirlpool model fridge did you replace your Norcold? My problem is that I have the furnace under the Norcold 1200 and that reduces the height I can install. Not sure of your coach, but if it is only a 1/2 inch difference it may be able to work.

allbrandauto
Explorer
Explorer
tropical36 wrote:
allbrandauto wrote:
I have a 2007 Fleetwood bounder going to install Samsung residential refridgerator with doors off measures 24 5/16 inches my door opening on motorhome is 24 1/2 anybody tried this going thru the door

Is the passenger side window not an option, before proceeding any further?
If you must go through the door, be sure to cover the dash area with some quilts or other soft material.
its a gas motorhome so the door is in the middle of coach

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
allbrandauto wrote:

Is the passenger side window not an option, before proceeding any further?
If you must go through the door, be sure to cover the dash area with some quilts or other soft material.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
IMO, you'll have more trouble trying to get the 1200 OUT than you will getting the 197 IN. I went thru the emergency window on the side of the coach. 1200 came out the same way. I would have had to remove the passenger seat and it just seemed easier to slide it in thru the window. Pull the two handles and the window comes out easily....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

sailor_lou
Explorer
Explorer
I installed the Samsung RF197 and it easily passed through the door with about a 1/4" of clearance. It was surprisingly light with the doors off and the shelving removed so two of us were able to carry it onboard. I did need to remove the passenger's seat to pass it into the main cabin area. Good luck.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you boondock often I would add two more batteries to help power it and it runs well on MSW power because the compressors are DC, not AC power. Another best upgrade ever although I went with a 21 CuFt Whirlpool that came within 1/2" of height fitting perfectly in the 1200 hole. I added a PSW inverter as it has a AC compressor and had to take the driver's side window out to get it in.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
When we did mine going through the door was problamic with the curved staircase but it was just as easy...perhaps more so by popping out dining room window. 4 guys and just a few minutes was all it took.
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sounds like it will fit, but you'll just need some strong people and coordination. ๐Ÿ™‚
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.