Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Big rig traveling from PV to Puerto Escondido advice

DandM
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

we are heading South from Lo de Marcos on Feb 10th. Has anyone driven Mex200 South all the way to Puerto Escondido this season? We are wondering about the road and any issues you may have encountered?

thank you kindly for your time in response.
5 REPLIES 5

Kidoo
Explorer
Explorer
We just did Ixtapa to Puerto Vallarta. Not the best but doable. There was one small road block for protest, but we went through no problem.

Between PV and La Manzanilla it is pretty good, only one gravel short repair section.
Monaco Cayman 34 2003, Cummins 300HP
Bigfoot 2008, 10.4, F350, 2006, Diesel 6.0, Black, 4x4, long box, Air lift, Rancho 9000, Rear sway bar.

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
Tequila wrote:
Avoid traveling hwy 200 by yourself

Have there been any problems in the last couple of years?

I know a couple of rigs who have come southbound this year.

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Avoid traveling hwy 200 by yourself

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
I guess you are on your way by now, we are staying in Zihuatanejo for a few more days, heading north on Wednesday, 15th. Drop a note here when you next get internet and let us all know how you made out.

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
Since no one else has responded so far I'll chime in with some second hand comments. A couple of rigs have just arrived in Zihuatanejo from Lo de Marcos, I'll see if I can get one of them to comment.

I have heard that the highway south of Zihuatanejo is good in parts and terrible in parts. Nothing further.

We may be heading north from here on Thursday (9th) to overnight at Coconutz RV Park at Cuyutlan, just north of Tecoman. -- a couple of hours south of San Patricio de Melaqui.