Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

mount-n-lock Stock Bumper reinforcement

twxsby89
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.mount-n-lock.com/

I just ordered these, I will review after spring break, and let yall know if I still have my family's bikes.

Have any of yall used this product?
2013 K2500 Suburban
2016 Coachmen 310BHDSLE
2011 JKUR
2012 Wells Cargo Camp Convert
5 REPLIES 5

twxsby89
Explorer
Explorer
We had zero problems, and our friends that followed us said the bikes were as solid as the trailer.
2013 K2500 Suburban
2016 Coachmen 310BHDSLE
2011 JKUR
2012 Wells Cargo Camp Convert

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
I added them as a safety guard for the cargo rack I installed last year. The rack itself is attached to the frame and rests 1/4" above the bumper, but I wanted to reinforce the bumper just in case old Mr. Murphy came along.
The brackets were well made and had 3/8" bolts. Kinda pricy, but I'm a wood, not a metal, worker.
Hopefully, they will never be tested.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
GordonThree wrote:
So what's the story with this product? If I overload my bumper to the point that steel welds are tearing, is a little extra 1/4" steel L bracket and some small grade 2 screws really going to help?

Yes. quite a bit. These bracket take the rotational force (torque) off the welds, and instead turns the square tube into a simple beam, at which point it becomes very strong.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
So what's the story with this product? If I overload my bumper to the point that steel welds are tearing, is a little extra 1/4" steel L bracket and some small grade 2 screws really going to help?

They claim 1000 lb capacity, how is that possible, not knowing what the frame's capacity is?
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

dockmasterdave
Explorer
Explorer
I added a set about a year ago. I tested the bumper before re-enforcing, by having my 230 lbs jump up and down on it, even at the ends.
The 4 squares attach about 1/4 of the bumper from each end. My bike carrier has two brackets spreading the weight/stress, out on the bumper.
Then I strap the bikes solid to the bike rack, and to the factory spare tire mounted to the back wall studs.
I couldn't get any shaking out of them if I wanted to.
I still check it at every stop, to make sure nothing is loosening up.
I believe the stress of them bouncing around would be the worst part.
Good luck and let us know how you make out.
2014 F 150 ecoboost
2008 Chrysler Aspen
09 Amerilite 21 (modified)
2013 Bendron 14' enclosed cargo
2011 4x8 open cargo