cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Brake Buddy Wiring

Nui
Explorer
Explorer
My sister's brake buddy broke. She contacted BB in November and they told her they'd sell her a refurbished one for $300. She called yesterday to ask them to confirm this and they told her the price has gone up to $650. WTF?????

Anyhow, she is now looking for an alternative braking system. Does anyone know if the wiring from the RV to the car also has to be changed if she switches to say a Demco system or whatever?

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

Nui
Explorer
Explorer
My sis spoke to the manager at BB and they will honor the $300 price they first quoted. Turns out they are a good company to deal with. Bravo to them!

And thanks everyone for your help!

et2
Explorer
Explorer
what's broke? Just won't turn on? Did you check the inline fuse. Many 12v sockets in your vehicle aren't wired direct to the battery. Many cases this causes problems. Brake Buddy sells a direct wire kit to get the full voltage going to the unit. I had heat happen to mine. So it wasnt the Brake Buddy.

oldmattb
Explorer
Explorer
What is broken on the Brake Buddy? Ours failed, we sent it to them for repair, and they shipped to our next location. They are a great company to deal with, and will often send small parts for free.

I suspect someone bought the $300 one.

Matt B
oldMattB
1998 Monaco Windsor

Moved from Forum Technical Support

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
What wiring? Unless the RV is directly wired to the BB ( not likely) then no. Have you checked eBay for a used or remanufactured BB.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT