cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Moving to the Dark Side

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
well, after a long search for something that will fit a retired lifestyle, we've decided to get a TT, a 2016 Prime Time Tracer 255AIR.

the DW has decided she's done with the tent ends, especially the beds.
i still love our Roo 23SS and hybrids but i agree that a hybrid isn't the best choice for traveling for one or two months straight.

was prepared to drive from the West Coast to the Midwest again, until i found a local dealer who had prices similar to Midwest prices.

at one time we were going to get a Montana High Country 5th wheel.
but that would require a new truck.
and we just finished building our dream home so a lot of money has been spent over the past year.

so we decided that we would look for a TT that we could pull with our Avalanche.
the Tracer 255AIR is the closest to a perfect TT for us.

rear kitchen
theater recliners
tv straight across from recliners
walkaround queen bed
less than 27', for national/state park camping
glass shower enclosure
and for the price of $17,900!:B

it also comes with a lot of upgrades that are standard:

universal docking station
aluminum wheels
LP preconnect
stainless steel appliances
arched roof
Extreme Thermal package(heated underbelly with heated gate valves)
large pass-thru with magnetic latches
diamond plate rock guard

so, i'll still be hanging around the Hybrid forum, since that's where i feel comfortable.
doubt if i'll frequent the TT forum since there's not that much difference between TTs and HTTs.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes
17 REPLIES 17

HeyJude
Explorer
Explorer
We went from a tent to pop-up to hybrid to TT to 5th wheel (still use) and now we are buying another new Shamrock. I love the airflow of the tent ends, moisture problems be d*amned.
We were going to get a small couples coach until I walked into a Roo, that was the end of the canned ham for me. We have our 5th wheel on a lot in a private campground and we are tired of trying to find hotels that accepts our furkids when we go anywhere that requires staying a night or three.
2 DD both grown.
2 GC-loves of my life!
Campground lot in Harrison MI.
looking for good used 5th wheel.

Burnt_Marshmall
Explorer
Explorer
We want to get a 'Couples' TT, but storage at home demands a hybrid if we want to keep all the features we want. Now looking at a Roo 23IKSS, but there are a lot of nice TT out there too.

scottsnider
Explorer
Explorer
I can understand you change of heart but I sold my TT for a good price and got my HTT for $1. so its hard to complain for a few more years.

drenjoey
Explorer
Explorer
I understand what you mean by "Couldn't stay away from the life".
I'm in the sign business and even though I'll go on three days a week, I just can't quit and retire........It's in my blood!

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
drenjoey wrote:
California to Maine............long trip !
Oh yeah! I forgot you're retired ! Since you have nothing better to do, why not!

Well, I was retired but I recently started as a volunteer firefighter, for our local fire department. Couldn't stay away from the life.

Also will be working as a volunteer at the Flying Heritage Collection museum, near Boeing's Everett facilities. I might be working as a docent there.

So not exactly "retired" anymore.

As to visiting New England area, we might just fly out and hotel it, instead of making the drive out.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

drenjoey
Explorer
Explorer
California to Maine............long trip !
Oh yeah! I forgot you're retired ! Since you have nothing better to do, why not!

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
drenjoey wrote:
Well !!! I'm not gonna repeat myself.....
Congrats Dan and enjoy your new TT, as long as you stick around in these forums. Your help has been, is and will always be welcome!

Dre

Thanx, Dre!:B

you know i can't leave this group. it was my first forum i ever joined. and i had gained so much knowledge here before i bought our hybrid, i want to help others as much as i was helped here.

who knows, maybe i'll show up in your area, in our new TT.

drenjoey
Explorer
Explorer
Well !!! I'm not gonna repeat myself.....
Congrats Dan and enjoy your new TT, as long as you stick around in these forums. Your help has been, is and will always be welcome!

Dre

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Cocky_Camper wrote:
We made the jump unexpectedly last summer. We had been mentioning it, but hadn't been actively looking until we ran across a deal that we could NOT pass up. I think it's one of the best moves for us yet. I still frequent the hybrid form too.

Same thing for us. Having just moved into our new house, after 9 months of construction, we weren't really looking for anything yet.
But stumbled upon this trailer and it had nearly everything we wanted, at a price we also couldn't pass up.

Cocky_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
We made the jump unexpectedly last summer. We had been mentioning it, but hadn't been actively looking until we ran across a deal that we could NOT pass up. I think it's one of the best moves for us yet. I still frequent the hybrid form too.
2004 Sea Breeze by National RV - 8341

Former Coaches:
2006 Keystone Zeppeline 291 - TT
2000 Aerolite Cub F21 - Hybrid TT
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Formerly known as: hybrid_camper

poppin_fresh
Explorer
Explorer
I did the same thing last year. I too still check into this forum frequently in the event something I learned in my three years of hybrid ownership could help someone else.

We love TT living, but I wouldn't give up our time and memories we made in our hybrid for anything.
2016 Bullet 274BHS
2015 Silverado 1500 Double Cab
Andersen WDH

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Another pilgrim has come to the light! ๐Ÿ˜„ lol
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats, the important thing is your not giving up camping or RV.net!

27 to 30' that's our goal to. Gives us options to get in many older/smaller parks. googled your model, looks nice, enjoy you new rig!

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

epeters
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats! Glad you're sticking around. We would definitely miss your knowledge and input.
Erik

DW, DS, DD
2018 Nash 29S
2017 GMC Sierra
Retired --> 2004 Silverado Crewcab 1500
2008 Starcraft Antiqua - traded in
2003 Fleetwood Mesa - gone
Photos