cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I wonder ? Lifetime Warranty

ChuckV1
Explorer
Explorer
The DW and I just bought a brand new 5er, they offered the Lifetime warranty on major repairs such as stove, frig, etc ๐Ÿ™‚

This warranty supposedly was for as long as we owned the trailer ...

I wonder how many people have bought into this and if so, how much of a problem was it to get something fixed after a few years ๐Ÿ˜„

In the past I had a extend warranty on my TV and when it came time to fixing a problem they only paid maybe a third of the cost ... thus we turned down this offer and saved ourselves a bunch of money ...:B

I also wonder what percent of owners really buy into such, as well what percent buying into such if needed have any luck getting things fixed without a lawyer beating down the door of a dealer to honor such :h
17 REPLIES 17

Chiefcpo
Explorer
Explorer
Signed up for $25.00 monthly internet with AT&T for lifetime service, it was good till they decided the life was gone, they had upgraded something I guess. Do not have then anymore either.

ChuckV1
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the Reply, topjimmy, they have called us a couple of times asking if there was any problems with our KZ Durango Gold D384FLT, I believe it to be a after the sale checkup call .... But we have not been able to do any camping yet only in the drive way. Hate to see a new 5th wheel costing $$$$$$$ sitting there but next month we will be out an about with are Good Sam camping group ๐Ÿ™‚ ....

topjimmy
Explorer
Explorer
I have bought 3 Montana's from Ladonna and the Gang at Tacoma RV so that tells you yeah they have treated me well,I have only had 2 warranty claims on all three one for a Bad toilet on my 2012 and they took care of it quick and one broken Dining room chair on my 2015 and they just took one off the Lot and I was on my way ๐Ÿ™‚
2015 Montana 3735MK Legacy,2007 3500HD GMC Dually LBZ Duramax/Allison ,Pacbrake,Firestone Airbags Bullydog Tuner

ChuckV1
Explorer
Explorer
topjimmy wrote:
I think some of you folks are getting confused I think the Op is talking about the Warranty for life some dealers like mine(Tacoma RV) just include with your purchase of your RV NOT the extended warranty you pay 2 grand or so for 6 years etc.. , all you have to do is take it in once a year and pay 99 bucks for them to inspect it and make sure everything is working properly and it covers most of the Rv EXCEPT the slides and 6 point auto level not a bad deal for just 99 bucks a year for the inspection IMO AND if you are out of town it is fine to have a Certified Mobile tech do any repairs

We bought our 5th wheel from Tacoma RV like you did, I am wondering how they treated you both before, during and after you bought your camper...

As well what you bought from them...

We had a pretty nice experience with them, we bought the floor model at the Tacoma RV Show, they were not high pressure and answered all the questions we ask, so I am wonder if other people had the same experience as we did ....

I have read allot of negative on line about them but our dealing with them were completely different, so when I saw your post about buying from them I had to ask ๐Ÿ™‚

ChuckV1
Explorer
Explorer
I have to agree with time2roll, but I also have to look at the price of a new frig or stove maybe a cracked frame, bad slide motor etc .....

They make a compelling augment, but then when you read the fine print all those go back to the MFG of the item and not the MFG of the Unit/trailer/5er/coach .....

Then they bring out the other warranties that cover 5 years and say well if you take these you do not have to worry about the other because you get real coverage with these not like the 1st one we offered you .......

Ugh twice the price of the lifetime warranty, but the roll it into the overall price, what a deal, were do I sign....NOT

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Read carefully the coverage on leaks. A roof leak can damage walls and floors, not to mention cabinets and storage. Your extended warranty would be useless if a roof leak coverage did not cover all secondary damage.

azjeffh
Explorer
Explorer
topjimmy wrote:
I think some of you folks are getting confused I think the Op is talking about the Warranty for life some dealers like mine(Tacoma RV) just include with your purchase of your RV NOT the extended warranty you pay 2 grand or so for 6 years etc.. , all you have to do is take it in once a year and pay 99...

If you look at the inspections necessary for the RV Warranty Forever, you're getting a great deal. Wish mine would have been so cheap.
Jeff
Wonderful wife Robin
2016 F350 PSD Dually
2016 DRV 38RSSA

topjimmy
Explorer
Explorer
I think some of you folks are getting confused I think the Op is talking about the Warranty for life some dealers like mine(Tacoma RV) just include with your purchase of your RV NOT the extended warranty you pay 2 grand or so for 6 years etc.. , all you have to do is take it in once a year and pay 99 bucks for them to inspect it and make sure everything is working properly and it covers most of the Rv EXCEPT the slides and 6 point auto level not a bad deal for just 99 bucks a year for the inspection IMO AND if you are out of town it is fine to have a Certified Mobile tech do any repairs
2015 Montana 3735MK Legacy,2007 3500HD GMC Dually LBZ Duramax/Allison ,Pacbrake,Firestone Airbags Bullydog Tuner

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Skip it unless it is included at no charge. I have a lifetime warranty on my alternator only because it was included. Maybe on my shocks too but I would get another brand next time anyway so zero value. If you cannot be out of pocket a few $$$ need to rethink the RV thing.

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Got sucked into a small lifetime warranty thing one time (not on an RV). Three years later when people were starting to make claims, the dealer pocketed all of the money, declared bankruptcy and left the state......

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

ChuckV1
Explorer
Explorer
The warranty we were offered stated you had to get the unit inspected once a year for $99. I ask if I had to bring it back to the dealer i bought the 5er from, the statement was that we could have it inspected someplace else but had to mail to the dealer or mail it to the insurance company ....

As I stated before we didn't bit, but I just wonder how many people really do ??

As well again if they did how hard was it to be honored ???

path1
Explorer
Explorer
ChuckV1 wrote:
The DW and I just bought a brand new 5er, they offered the Lifetime warranty on major repairs such as stove, frig, etc ๐Ÿ™‚

I wonder how many people have bought into this and if so, how much of a problem was it to get something fixed after a few years ๐Ÿ˜„

In the past I had a extend warranty on my TV and when it came time to fixing a problem they only paid maybe a third of the cost ... thus we turned down this offer and saved ourselves a bunch of money ...:B

I also wonder what percent of owners really buy into such, as well what percent buying into such if needed have any luck getting things fixed without a lawyer beating down the door of a dealer to honor such :h

I looked into that at the Tacoma RV show. Forget what dealer. After asking for the fine print several times, I found out that dealer want to me to give them an open check book. They wanted to inspect 2 times a year to fix what ever they deemed needed fixing.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
A newer Portland Oregon dealer offered lifetime warranty. I did not buy feeling it wiser to purchasee from an established dealer that will not fold in a few years. I suspect this is the case. How else could this ever be profitable. In other words any warranty is only as good as the people writting it.
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

ChuckV1 wrote:

When we were buying our recent fifth wheel, we had 2 identical units to shop within 3 hrs of each other..

The one with the lifetime warranty was 20k higher. When I stated that I saw one online for that much less, they wanted to know who so they can report them.. Evidently the manufacturer had a rule about posting sale prices ?? So ,instead of working the number, they wanted to tell on the other ?? I walked, and purchased from a 3rd dealer that was not even in the picture. ๐Ÿ™‚

ps, no lifetime warranty either
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet