cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

norcold 1200

allbrandauto
Explorer
Explorer
going to install residential refrigerator taking good working norcold 1200 out is the old norcold worth anything and how much should I ask for it
15 REPLIES 15

tinkerer
Explorer
Explorer
I advertised my 1200 Norcold on Craigslist and sold it the second day for $200. Was glad to get rid of it. With the residential fridge we have frozen ice cream and unfrozen eggs. Our electricity bill in the RV park is half what it used to be.

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, it's worth something. Asking prices on CL (from a quick google search) seem to be all over the place. If I were selling one, I might start out asking $500 and reducing the price in periodic increments if needed.

(This rather straightforward question seemed to gather an inordinate number of semi-related non-answers! Since nothing was asked about it, I will not bore everyone with my lifetime experiences to date with various kinds of fridges....)

Mickey53USA
Explorer
Explorer
I am going to have Home Depot haul mine off when they deliver the new one. Figured $15 was worth it so I did not have to hassle with it.
Michael
2009 Destination 37G. Cummins 6.7L 340 HP, Allison 6 Speed, Freightliner XCS - 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited "Toad"

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:

Why do ALL the Residential refer makers have numerous mobile repair Service people??????????????????????? Failure of refers can happen to both RV and Residential refers. Doug

I think that they just sit around playing checkers with the Maytag repair folks.
bumpy ๐Ÿ™‚

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
crasster wrote:
3 coaches 3 failed RV fridges both Norcold and Dometic. Went with Residential fridges in 2 and dorm fridge in the 3rd. ALL freeze, all stay cold, and working problem free for years now. No circuit board replacements, no funky power issues, no circulation problems.

Why do ALL the Residential refer makers have numerous mobile repair Service people??????????????????????? Failure of refers can happen to both RV and Residential refers. Doug

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
3 coaches 3 failed RV fridges both Norcold and Dometic. Went with Residential fridges in 2 and dorm fridge in the 3rd. ALL freeze, all stay cold, and working problem free for years now. No circuit board replacements, no funky power issues, no circulation problems.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
After my second cooling unit failed on my 2000 American Coach, I threw it out and installed a residential. Not a single regret.
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ours is still working great in a 2000 Monaco. We have had it 7 yrs and recall done and have replaced a circuit board. No problems with cooling or freezing or keeping good temps. Maybe the older ones were better.

sailor_lou
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen them go on Craigslist for as much as $400. When I removed mine I just gave the parts to friends because I didn't want the hassle of selling it and dealing with an angry buyer should it fail/burn up a month later. A few bucks isn't worth it IMO. Good luck whatever you do.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy

RonWSl
Explorer
Explorer
Good question, as I am in the same position. Replaced the Norcold with a residential Frigidare model. The cooling unit itself failed again on the Norcold but was still under warranty and it was promptly replaced and I installed it on the 1200 once I got it out of the RV. Now have the Norcold up and running in my garage and it seems to be working great. I want to put it on Craigslist as well but not sure what to ask. The new cooling unit itself is just a little over $1000.00.

Cottontop
Explorer
Explorer
My 1200 still working fine in my 1998 Beaver
1998 Beaver Patriot (Magnum)
FMCA- Good Sam - CAT (3126)
PT Cruiser AUTO with Remco 4down

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
still have a 1200 in my 2001 Beaver!
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Bumpyroad wrote:
gee, my norcold 1200 served me well for 14 years. icemaker made ice, etc.
bumpy

So has my fridge. If it finally died tomorrow I would put another one in.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
gee, my norcold 1200 served me well for 14 years. icemaker made ice, etc.
bumpy