cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mini Cooper

hpdrver
Explorer
Explorer
We are thinking about getting a Mini Cooper for a toad. What year did they stop using the steering wheel lock on it. We want to tow it without the key in the ignition. Thanks for any info.
Texas Two Step
2021 Coach House 272XLFR
2020 JL Jeep Wrangler
6 REPLIES 6

hpdrver
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the relevant info. I will look at a mini upward from 2008.
Texas Two Step
2021 Coach House 272XLFR
2020 JL Jeep Wrangler

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
jerseyjim wrote:
STRABO: Very informative, constructive response to the question. ๐Ÿ˜ž

My toad requires a key in the lock to free up the steering. I had a NON-CHIP key made...maybe 4-5 bucks...that I use in the igntion when towing. My chip key stays with me.

In the event some dummy wants to steal the car (and take the time and effort to unhook it) he will either not be able to start the motor or will only be able to drive the car a few feet.

Works for me......................

we did the same thing with our '03 Jeep TJ...great idea.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Before buying any used car, it would be wise to read up on its reliability - especially with some miles on it.

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
STRABO: Very informative, constructive response to the question. ๐Ÿ˜ž

My toad requires a key in the lock to free up the steering. I had a NON-CHIP key made...maybe 4-5 bucks...that I use in the igntion when towing. My chip key stays with me.

In the event some dummy wants to steal the car (and take the time and effort to unhook it) he will either not be able to start the motor or will only be able to drive the car a few feet.

Works for me......................

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
Complete junk
04' F350 PSD TB SC FX4 XLT, TH-04' 32' Sandpiper Sport Fifthwheel WB Dual Axle
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE
04' Honda 250 Sportstrac quad
05' Honda 400 Ranchers quad

Fiverwheel
Explorer
Explorer
I have owned and towed both a 2008 Mini and a 2014 Mini. Neither one had locked steering and the doors could be locked during travel. Both years were 6 speed stick shift. Hope that info helps you!
2006 34' Monaco Cayman