Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Public hunting grounds

schl44
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,
We are looking for an RV park in Arizona or Texas that is near public hunting land. If anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated!
5 REPLIES 5

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
AJBert wrote:
You can pretty much forget about TX. Very, very little public land compared to the size of the state, let alone open to hunting.
That's a fact!

If you want to hunt in Texas, you have to pay a landowner $big bucks$. Enough good hunting on land open to the public in many other states to even think about paying to hunt in Texas. ๐Ÿ˜‰

OutdoorPhotogra
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, lot's of public land for hunting in AZ but getting the tag is the challenge for many species.
2008 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 5th Wheel
F-250 6.2 Gasser

Former PUP camper (Rockwood Popup Freedom 1980)

AJBert
Explorer
Explorer
You can pretty much forget about TX. Very, very little public land compared to the size of the state, let alone open to hunting.

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
If you'll send me a PM with the species you wish to hunt, I can point you to appropriate RV parks or free boondocking areas in Arizona. Please note that if you want to hunt big game with a firearm in Arizona, you'll need to be successful in the drawing (lottery) for the species and area you wish to hunt.

Jim
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
AZ is a large area with much public land.
New Mexico also.
I would call Fish and Game and they could better tell you based on your interests.
Not as familiar with Texas. They have a lot of everything. The Texas Hill Country is good.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter