cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kid's Getting NOT One, but Two New Pairs of Shoes

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
Been browsing around for shoes / boots for the kid. The Pawtector's been great over the years, but they're on the thin side (actually the ones I've bought were for winter. Now I see they have heavier duty ones).

So, I just order the kid two new pairs of RuffWear Grip Trex Boots. However, you'd think they'd sell'em in a set of four, right? Dog, four legs, right? Dang marketing guys!

Kidding aside. RuffWear sells them in a set of four, but has them available in pairs (to accommodate the different size of the front and rear paws).

These look pretty cool, huh? Hope the fit, as they should really help the kid while walking on hot asphalt this summer.

Oh, (I gotta get my head examined) I bought the dang lining / socks as well.

Pops
13 REPLIES 13

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Calvin is stylin.

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
sher9570 wrote:
Calvin looks great Pops, I haven't been here much but it sure is good to
see him...handsome boy.

Sher

Thanks, Sher! Kid's getting a lot of grey! I'll take some pitchers once the get here. ... :B

Pops

sher9570
Explorer
Explorer
Calvin looks great Pops, I haven't been here much but it sure is good to
see him...handsome boy.

Sher
Doug & Sher
2006 HR Presidential 34'
2001 Ford Excursion 7.3

Lucy-"Red Fox" Lab...8/7-'07
Bubba,rescue Pom...4/1-2010
Csepki, rescue Poodle...9/15-2001

raindove
Explorer
Explorer
IMO the Ruffwear stuff is a little pricey, but it's worth it in the long run. What I've had is good quality. Most recent addition is two of the Front Range Harnesses. Love them.

I've always been nervous about harnesses, as I've seen many dogs back right out of them. I have one with heart failure and glaucoma and the other one has a sensitive trachea. Walking on a collar just doesn't work. These front range harnesses are comfortable for the boys and I've not had a problem with them getting out of them. Hated to spend the $$ but now that I have them, I'm happy I did.

Eyeing these booties up. But not in the budget in the near future. :O)
Whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.

Wanda

1998 Fleetwood Bounder

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
Murphsmom wrote:
We haven't tried the boots, but we loved all the Ruffwear products we have had. They make good stuff!

You are stylin', Calvin!

Great quality, IMO. Here's Calvin wearing his RuffWear Aira Rain Jacket. Sizing is tuff when buying online, though. As you can see from the photo, the jacket is kind of big on him. I could have returned it for a smaller size. However, the monsoon season was right on us, so I kept it.

Great rain gear!

Pops

Murphsmom
Explorer
Explorer
We haven't tried the boots, but we loved all the Ruffwear products we have had. They make good stuff!

You are stylin', Calvin!

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Gonna have to get a pair of those 'paw-protectors' for our Border Collie/Mix

She has a problem between one of her toes and is OCD about licking it.......until it is RAW
So we put a baby's sock on to cover/protect it.

We found that if we tape it in above her ankle she chews/pulls at it BUT if taped on below her ankle she doesn't bother with it.

Those Pawtectors look like the ticket!!

THANKS CALVIN for modeling those :B
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

RBak
Explorer
Explorer
Calvin looks great Pops! I know he appreciates those boots. Gotta keep those paws protected and in shape!

Rita
Buttons the princess sheltie
Nicky, the spoiled Tennessee Walker

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
You should sell those in Quartzsite. I'm sure there are numerous paw injuries with all the sharp rocks everywhere in the area and plenty of clueless owners. These were designed for that area
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
NICE! Calvin deserves the best!
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
campincandice wrote:
Those look awesome! He wears them without complaining? I can see mine chewing...

I just ordered the RuffWear Boots this morning. However, he's been wearing his Pawtector's while walking, and running, for years now without a problem.

DutchmenSport wrote:
We bought a Christmas outfit for our little guy. It came with booties. He shook and gnawed until they came off. Quite obvious, mine would not be very accepting to a new set of shoes. I think he likes being barefoot better.

I guess, if a person has grass in the backyard. But when it gets over a hundred plus, or our two plus weeks of 120 degree days. No body, dog or human (none that I know of anyways ... :B) can walk without protecting one's feet.

Pops

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a Christmas outfit for our little guy. It came with booties. He shook and gnawed until they came off. Quite obvious, mine would not be very accepting to a new set of shoes. I think he likes being barefoot better.

campincandice
Explorer
Explorer
Those look awesome! He wears them without complaining? I can see mine chewing...
Candice

Steve - Partner in Crime
Molly - black lab
Sabbath - chocolate lab/weimaraner

2014 Open Range LT274RLS