cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How conveient is this

Tin-bender
Explorer
Explorer
A moderator posts a thread that is politically argumentative at best and then locks it so no comment can be made.

Just my opinion but that really sucks.

Tinbender,
"probably a former member of this forum"
22 REPLIES 22

dturm
OK, time to close.
Doug & Sandy
Kaylee
Winnie 6 1/2 year old golden
2008 Southwind 2009 Honda CRV

Mortimer_Brewst
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:

What does it have to do with RVs, RVers and RVing?

I've read where a dog is allowed to bark incessantly in the middle of an RV park with no consequences for the owner.
If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization - Robert Noyce

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS

BCSnob
Explorer
Explorer
According to the linked article the usda started a review of the posted information on their website during the previous administration. So how could the post be about the current administration?
Mark & Renee
Working Border Collies: Nell (retired), Tally (retired), Grant (semi retired), Lee, Fern & Hattie
Duke & Penny (Anatolians) home guarding the flock
2001 Chevy Express 2500 Cargo (rolling kennel)
2007 Nash 22M

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
"It has absolutely nothing to do with politics and any attempt to make it so is just an effort to obscure the facts."

What does it have to do with RVs, RVers and RVing?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
I saw nothing wrong with the post. Information was shared - you could read it or not, and if you did read it an wanted to follow it further, you could. Thanks for sharing the information with those of us who really care about animals.

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley wrote:
.... I have no dog,cat or other research animal in this fight just throwing in my 2 cents.

LOL, I have a cat, but she refuses to fight. ๐Ÿ˜‰

So, moderator, can you tell us flat out that you were not being critical of the current administration? Because I can see the OP's point... it did sound like you were inferring something about whomever could have ordered this policy change, and on top of that you were preventing others from rebutting the inference on that thread.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
magnusfide wrote:

Some people have to argue about everything.

We do NOT. ๐Ÿ™‚
bumpy

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
"politically argumenitave at best"....

That's beautiful.. The OP was just snappin' to make it one. Sounds like he's so pissed he's leaving anyway.

Kudos Doug..
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
2 cents. If a topic, before being posted, can be viewed as potentially political, then most likely it is political and should not be posted. Just because the OP doesn't want it to be, or personally doesn't think it is in their mind, is irrelevant.

It's like a group of people are sitting around in the living room, socializing, and one person makes a comment and immediately states that there is not going to be a discussion on what I just said, period. Then don't say it. IMHO

K-9_HANDLER
Explorer
Explorer
Leave it open till it derails then shut it down, not of the anticipation of it. It is a forum.
Camping near home at Assateague National Seashore with our wild four legged friends

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit, thanks for the link. I couldn't figure out where the original post was!

I don't read anything from RV-Pets! Too many stories about loved pets dying! Each one tears me up! So I stay away from this forum completely now!

dturm
Lantley wrote:
It's a bit of insider trading. If a typical member cannot post and lock his own thread than maybe the same policy should apply to moderators?
The suggestion to contact your representative takes the locked thread down a political path. What if I agree with the new policy! Which I don't just playing devil's advocate....
Allowing moderators to moderate their own post(for whatever reason is questionable policy) I have no dog,cat or other research animal in this fight just throwing in my 2 cents.

Two points:

There is another moderator on this board, if inappropriate Admin will override me and delete or close threads/posts as necessary.

The reason to contact representative is NOT political. It is the only way we have in a democracy (other than filing suit in court) to affect change in policy.
Doug & Sandy
Kaylee
Winnie 6 1/2 year old golden
2008 Southwind 2009 Honda CRV

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pawz4me wrote:
dturm wrote:
This thread kind of proves my reasoning to not leave the thread open for comment.

Having spent over 40 years of my life devoted to animal welfare, I thought it important to share information of a situation that will serve to set back the cause of animal welfare. It has absolutely nothing to do with politics and any attempt to make it so is just an effort to obscure the facts.

Most who frequent this board are very interested in or active in animal welfare, whether it be having a rescue pet or fostering animals or active participation in rescue organizations or just loving their own pets.

I'm going to leave this open for now, it seems that some have a overwhelming urge to comment, so if it stays on topic and civil we'll leave it.

Doug

Well said. It's rather mind boggling that a post about an animal welfare issue on a pet forum could or would be deemed controversial or inappropriate.

I agree with Dr Doug and Pawz. Information that is necessary should be able to be shared without constant arguments. Some people have to argue about everything.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
It's a bit of insider trading. If a typical member cannot post and lock his own thread than maybe the same policy should apply to moderators?
The suggestion to contact your representative takes the locked thread down a political path. What if I agree with the new policy! Which I don't just playing devil's advocate....
Allowing moderators to moderate their own post(for whatever reason is questionable policy) I have no dog,cat or other research animal in this fight just throwing in my 2 cents.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide