cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Q1000 or 2000?

Bzeitham
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking for a grill that we can use at home and on the road. We have narrowed it down to the Weber Q but which size? The Q1000 looks like it would be good for the RV but would like the size of the Q2000 or Q2200 for at home. Is the Q2000 too big for the RV? Appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks in advance!
12 REPLIES 12

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have the baby Q. Seems to be plenty for camping. I ordered and installed the temp gauge for some reason. Not sure why I do things like that, but I will tell you it can peg the needle on no time on high.
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley wrote:
SCVJeff wrote:
I'll disagree on losing the shelves. If you are using a Weber stand instead of a picnic table, you will have ZERO places to put anything, including plates for loading and unloading unless you open up a portable table. Do yourself a big favor and make sure you have them

X2
I agree on the shelves. My biggest complaint is that weber doesn't make a nice portable stand for the Q like there is for the roadtrip.
They have one but it's not very portable.
I use the flip down side shelves all the time. They fold up into the grill so they are never in the way when stored.
Actually they do (did)... I agree that this new one is ridiculous to carry. The one below is the original folding portable stand and is great for the camper. It sits in the bottom of the bay with chairs on top, etc.
REAL Folding Baby Q Stand
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

Army11Bravo
Explorer II
Explorer II
We love our Q2200 for our family of 4. We let other families that camp with us use it as well. It's a great size, but it's a bit large to store in our pass-through storage, so we typically put it inside our TT next to the master bed. When the kids stop camping with us and it's just me and my wife, we will probably downsize to the Q1200. Both are great grills.
Army 11 Bravo - Gulf War Veteran
Wife, Two Teen Boys, Hound Dog (Daisy) & Beagles (Lily & Bailey)
2014 Springdale 267SRTWE Bunkhouse Travel Trailer
2009 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4x4

rjf7g
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Q1200 for my class B camper and a Summit E-420 for my destination trailer and seasonal site. I like having multiple burners so I can bake but I don't have room for any more than a Q1200 in my B. I also have the stand and I either haul it on my utility trailer with my golf cart or on my hitch hauler if I am not taking the trailer. I agree about the shelf feature - very important to have.
1999 American Cruiser Class B
2006 Palomino Puma 27FQ Bunkhouse
2007 Gulfstream Innsbruck 36FRS Park Trailer

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
What size storage space (and door opening size) do you have in the RV. If the Q2000 size fits, then go with it, for home and RV. In my C, only the 1000 series would fit.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
SCVJeff wrote:
I'll disagree on losing the shelves. If you are using a Weber stand instead of a picnic table, you will have ZERO places to put anything, including plates for loading and unloading unless you open up a portable table. Do yourself a big favor and make sure you have them

X2
I agree on the shelves. My biggest complaint is that weber doesn't make a nice portable stand for the Q like there is for the roadtrip.
They have one but it's not very portable.
I use the flip down side shelves all the time. They fold up into the grill so they are never in the way when stored.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
We have the Q2200 that we use both at home and in the RV. I don't find it too big to bring with us. We have a foldable table from CW that it sits on and use an adapter and 15' hose that attaches to full size propane tanks. Love the grill.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I once cooked for many dozens of people using a baby Q during a new store opening. Would never need the big one for camping.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
We love both of our Qs. But for traveling, the BabyQ is big enough for the two of us, and is a lot smaller and a bit lighter. At home, I love our Q2000, and replaced the hose and regulator to use a standard propane tank. We keep both covered when not in use with the Weber covers made for then. The fold-over shelves are nice, but for mobile use are unnecessary bother and weight. At home, we do like them.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Bzeitham wrote:
We are looking for a grill that we can use at home and on the road. We have narrowed it down to the Weber Q but which size? The Q1000 looks like it would be good for the RV but would like the size of the Q2000 or Q2200 for at home. Is the Q2000 too big for the RV? Appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

I have one of each, little on in the MH and the other one on the deck at home
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

sharker6
Explorer
Explorer
I would at least get the Q1200 because of the fold over shelves. I don't think the Q1000 has that feature. You can cook for 3 or 4 with the Q1200.
2017 Keystone Cougar 29RES, 2008 F250 Diesel FX4