cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue OX Alpha BX7365 vs Blue OX Avail BX7420

MetalGator
Explorer III
Explorer III
We just purchased our first Motorhome (Woo Hoo!). I have a 2015 Wrangler that I want to tow behind the Motorhome. I currently have a Blue Ox sway pro for pulling my TT and I have been very happy with Blue Ox customer support so I'd like to stick with Blue Ox. I was shopping tonight and was going to purchase the Alpha BX7365 tow bar but then I saw a video on the Avail BX7420. The Avail is good up to 10,000lbs and they say it is better at maneuvering in tight spots. It's 2 inches longer so in real world I'm not sure how much difference it would make. Curious if the avail is worth the extra $300 over the Alpha.

Burch
2018 Miramar 35.3 Motorhome
3 fur kids (Monty, ZuZu and Pinto)
Rainbow bridge (Murphy, Petie, Lola)
6 REPLIES 6

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
I am now facing the same question that OP faced. Please let me know how your choice turned out over time.
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

MetalGator
Explorer III
Explorer III
I am leaning towards the Blue Ox Avail towbar. It is rated at 10,000lbs. My Jeep weights about 3900lbs so plenty of head room.

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
The lower rated tow bar is probably fine but I know 3 people that have lost their tow cars with the lighter rated Al bars, that is why I chose a steel bar rated at 10,000 lbs even though my car only weighs 2400 lbs.

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
A benefit of the Avail is that it will not bind/lock up.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

MetalGator
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ductape wrote:
I have used both. Either is fine for the Jeep. I changed to the Avail because our new towed is a full size truck and with the longer wheelbase the towed would contact the MH in sharp turns with the Alpha.

Never any contact with the Alpha and a 4 door Jeep. The 10k bar will perhaps hold up longer if a lot of rough roads are in your future.

I didn't think about the wheelbase of the towed. My wrangler is a 2 door so the wheelbase is less than the 4 door. My Jeep weights about 4000lbs and the Alpha is good up to 6500. It looks like I will be fine with the Alpha. Thank you very much for the info.

Ductape
Explorer
Explorer
I have used both. Either is fine for the Jeep. I changed to the Avail because our new towed is a full size truck and with the longer wheelbase the towed would contact the MH in sharp turns with the Alpha.

Never any contact with the Alpha and a 4 door Jeep. The 10k bar will perhaps hold up longer if a lot of rough roads are in your future.
49 States, 6 Provinces, 2 Territories...