cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2011 Rockwood Freedom lift motor

jkment
Explorer
Explorer
Did something stupid and put the terminals backward on my pop up. Started to lift the shell and found the motor to be going backwards. Immediately stopped (less than 5 seconds) and found that I blown a 25 amp fuse in fuse box.

Anyway, hooked up battery right and outside light turns on but now motor does nothing. I did find another inline 25 amp fuse that tests good. Manually cranked the pop up a little but still nothing from the motor.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Jeff
Jeff
2012 Palomino Stampede
2004 Chevy Silverado ( formally 1999 Blazer)
2 pretty girls, one hot wife, and a mutt!
2 REPLIES 2

jkment
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the advice. Pulled bunch of black tape off the wires and found a 60 amp fuse that was blown. Found something similar at auto parts store and by gosh she works.

Yeah I calmed down a little when I found out that the polarity is switched to make the motor turn opposite directions so the battery hook up probably would not have ruined it.
Jeff
2012 Palomino Stampede
2004 Chevy Silverado ( formally 1999 Blazer)
2 pretty girls, one hot wife, and a mutt!

aftermath
Explorer II
Explorer II
Jeff, I feel for you. This is something I could easily do.

If you have two fuses in the line check the one you said checked out OK. Replace both of them with new ones and then give it a try.

Is there any sound from the motor at all? If there is then perhaps a shear pin or something similar might be broken.

Reversing the polarity, reverses the direction the motor will turn. Reversing the polarity has no effect on the lights, they will work either way.

Keep us posted here when you find the solution. Best wishes.
2017 Toyota Tundra, Double Cab, 5.7L V8
2006 Airstream 25 FB SE
Equalizer Hitch