cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Do they still make parts for the Rialta? Other feedback?

Kawgirl
Explorer
Explorer
What are your feelings on an old Rialta? Are parts hard to come by? How do they hold up? Any issues common with this van? Thanks!!!
RV Newbie "Will beg for knowledge".
3 REPLIES 3

mkguitar
Explorer
Explorer
Artum Snowbird wrote:
... unless you are very capable yourselves....

Great advice, all of it.

While I like rialtas- I bought a pleasure way on a chev. I can work on it or get parts and service for the chev chassis anywhere with common parts- which are cheap.

rialta/ VW owners are often posting looking for plastic interior trim pieces.

poptop heaven in yucaipa CA has a bunch if you want one- there are 4 floor plans.

mike

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
My advice to those that look at rare ones is: Buy what other people want to own. While they might look cute and different, unless you are very capable yourselves, the odd ones can be troublesome, parts are rare, and they can be hard to trade off later.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
The cab which includes the engine and tranny are VW and parts are available. The issue is finding someone to work on it. Most VW dealers would not when they were still new. I had to find a local foreign car service center to work on it. The other issue I had but may now be resolved was finding tires that could handle the weight. I suspect all the appliances are std RV parts so should not be a problem.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT