cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SumoSprings question

gmckenzie
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking at getting a pair of Sumosprings for the rear of my truck, and am wondering what difference it would make for the different weight ratings.

I've emailed Supersprings with the following, but no reply so far.

"I'm looking at your SumoSprings for my 2015 GMC 1500 with the max trailering package. I'm not looking for increased GVW, but am looking to help with porpoising while towing my travel trailer.

I tow a 34'4" Cougar travel trailer, loaded weight of 8,200 lbs and a tongue weight ~1,000 lbs. Fully loaded with gear I'm near the GVW for the truck (7,600 lbs), but the truck is fully capable of pulling the trailer. I use a good hitch (Equal-i-zer 4 point) and have it set up as best as I can.

My question is should I be looking beyond the 1,000 lb SumoSprings? I'm in Canada and am having difficulty finding a retailer that lists either the SSR-209-47 or the SSR-209-54, but can find the SSR-209-40. Given the info I've given, would I be better served with the 1,500 or 2,800 lb units or will the 1,000 lb be a good choice. The trailer is a standard travel trailer, not a fifth wheel.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks."

So, any advice here? Not looking to fix anything other than some bouncyness, and don't really want to go to airbags unless there is a real compelling reason to. Truck site level when loaded up and I'm within the capacity.

Thanks for any help.
2015 GMC Sierra 4x4 CC SB Max Trailer
2010 Cougar 30RKS
1 REPLY 1

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer
you are throwing bandaids on a overloaded half ton pickup.
2015 Keystone Springdale Summerland 257rl
Tow vehicle: 2003 GMC K1500 ext lb
Previous: 14 years of 3 popups and a hybrid tt