cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

which way through Charleston, SC?

2_Retired
Explorer
Explorer
Tomorrow (WEd, Mar. 15th)calls for winds up to 25 MPH and we have to travel through Charleston. Have done it before, but never with winds like this in our 32'MH with toad. Which route would you suggest, Ravennal Bridge (U S 17) through Charleston, or going around on I 526 with its bridges and higher elevations? DH does well driving the MH (we've been RVing for 40 years) but HATES driving in the wind. No options this time. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences. I say do the one bridge, U S 17, and the others are low-lying (almost road level) and it will be less stressful. He does not like driving on 17 through Charleston in the MH. Help us decide.
Two young retirees restless to GO!
Life is too short to wait too long to do all we want to do!!
Go and enjoy!!
5 REPLIES 5

reed_cundiff
Explorer
Explorer
Easy mistake to make "Snowbirds" is adjacent sub-forum

yrusoslo
Explorer
Explorer
Where are you heading to?

mexicoruss
Explorer
Explorer
This seems pretty far from Mexico
Russ Black
011-521-638-113-4591 Cell Phone
Puerto Penasco, Sonora

charlestonsouth
Explorer
Explorer
2 retired, you don't need to cross those bridges. From Myrtle Beach, take the road through Hell Hole Swamp toward Moncks Corner, SC and eventually you meet up with US 17. Very easy ride with little traffic. That is how we get home to Summerville, SC with our RV.

Dee

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Bridges may be closed to tall vehicles due to high winds, but if not, I wold do I526 rather than us17. Might consider and if possible go across late in the evening or at night when and if the winds drop a bit. Depending, I might even consider a delay for a day or so.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.