cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movie Which Made Me Immediately think of our Mark and Sam

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
Cept this guy is a chicken farmer, not a sheep herder, but Oddball could be one of Sam's relatives. Although he barks with a Ozzy accent... :B

Oddball

7 REPLIES 7

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
Oddball, RIP.

abc au/news

Guaridan News

Pops

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
BCSnob wrote:
Here is the reality behind the movie "Oddball". The Warrnambool Penguins

In light of my posting about Wendy, this bit from the linked website above is quite apropos

"You can meet the maremmas that are penguin guardians of Middle Island. Where and when will depend upon the time of the year.
Please remember that our dogs are working dogs and we need to manage the level of exposure they have to people to ensure they maintain their guardian behaviours.
Never feed our penguin guardian maremmas - This directly effects their behaviour and can lead to their not protect their penguins"

Thanks for the link, Mark! Interesting stuff, beautiful dogs! Love the penguins too! ... :B

Pops

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
BCSnob wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/01/23/three-sheepdog-puppies-found-alive-days-after-italy-avalanche.html

Here's the link; FOX News; Three Sheepdog Puppies

Pops

BCSnob
Explorer
Explorer
Here is the reality behind the movie "Oddball". The Warrnambool Penguins

In light of my posting about Wendy, this bit from the linked website above is quite apropos

"You can meet the maremmas that are penguin guardians of Middle Island. Where and when will depend upon the time of the year.
Please remember that our dogs are working dogs and we need to manage the level of exposure they have to people to ensure they maintain their guardian behaviours.
Never feed our penguin guardian maremmas - This directly effects their behaviour and can lead to their not protect their penguins"
Mark & Renee
Working Border Collies: Nell (retired), Tally (retired), Grant (semi retired), Lee, Fern & Hattie
Duke & Penny (Anatolians) home guarding the flock
2001 Chevy Express 2500 Cargo (rolling kennel)
2007 Nash 22M

BCSnob
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/01/23/three-sheepdog-puppies-found-alive-days-after-italy-avalanche.html
Mark & Renee
Working Border Collies: Nell (retired), Tally (retired), Grant (semi retired), Lee, Fern & Hattie
2007 Nash 22M

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
Nevur knew about the penguins. Glad I ran into that movie, while searching around in Amazon. So, they rescued some pups in that Italy avalanche?

Pops

BCSnob
Explorer
Explorer
Ah yes the penguin guardian.
Yes, Oddball is one of Sam's people.
The pups that were pulled from the avalanche in the Italian Alps were also some of Sam's people.
Mark & Renee
2007 Nash 22M