cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coachnet

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
We had both Good Sams and Coachnet, for some reason for a long time.
Let the lapse due to not using it for a while.
Good Sams couldn't find us service once but we used Coachnet several times.
Wife looked up the cost last night. She says it is 179.00 for towable, and 279.00 for coach.
Is this right?
We were paying 69.00-79.00 a year.
Thats a good bit more than Sams.
15 REPLIES 15

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
down home wrote:
We had both Good Sams and Coachnet, for some reason for a long time.
Let the lapse due to not using it for a while.
Good Sams couldn't find us service once but we used Coachnet several times.
Wife looked up the cost last night. She says it is 179.00 for towable, and 279.00 for coach.
Is this right?
We were paying 69.00-79.00 a year.
Thats a good bit more than Sams.

There's no way and we've never paid anywhere near that much. Cars come with it automatically and it's not the vehicles you're insuring anyway. It's you personally and others in your household, no matter what you're driving and who it might belong to.
Also, always call PPL for a coach-net subscription, rather than CN direct, for a nice savings.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

Tarheel_2
Explorer
Explorer
As I stated earlier, I pay $139 and don't mind doing so for the coverage I have had. In addition to having coverage on my other vehicles, the service I have received is worth it. In the past 5-6 years, I have had an issue with my previous coach 3 times while out of state, requiring an RV tech to respond. Twice I was in an area that I didn't think they would find someone, but they did. On each occasion, they located an RV tech to come to my location and they paid for the service call. Additionally, I have gotten great tech support over the phone while trouble shooting issues myself.
Tarheel

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
My opinion is that is too much. I'd go with Good Sam and let the free market win. 🙂 Good Sam across the board is a great service.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
OK - I just called them.

They *only* offer the Premium services to new members - $179 & $249. The renewals will be $50 cheaper per year. If you were with them before and were absent for more than 4 months you have to start as a new member.

Good Sam here we come...

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer

1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
My understanding is the less promoted almost secretive basic plan still exist.
It will tow both TV and RV if you need assistance. However it does not apply to other vehicles or other situations except RV AND TV together.
The basic rate was $79.00/year. I suggest calling and asking about the basic plan.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like their prices changed somewhat lately.

We were going to sign up this year after skipping a year - but at these prices - $179 for Towable and $249 for Motorized - it's not going to happen.

So I went to the Good Sam website and looks like we have to join Good Sam as well as sign up for RV Roadside Assistance. Still way cheaper.

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Just looked mine up joined/paid $233.00 for 3 years on 7/7/16 basic plan.
2015 Wrangler JKU

Tinstar
Explorer
Explorer
My CoachNet was $149 and it was a renew, not a new policy.
:CNever pass up a chance to go somewhere:C

tinstartrvlr
Explorer
Explorer
I have coachnet (came free with new tt, expired after one year). Got a renewal for $129 (premier towable).
Seems to me in your case you are a renewing member, not a new one, since you had coverage in the past. And that would be what I would tell them to get the discounted rate.

kalynzoo
Explorer
Explorer
I received a better price from Good Sam for a 3 year contract. Both Coach Net and Good Sam use contract service providers. Service will only be as good as the location and the provider. We were left on our own by CoachNet, which is why we have Good Sam. In my opinion your paying for a phone tree, so price matters.

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
I would have to try and find my cc statement but I don't think I paid any where near that much last year for three years of coach net
2015 Wrangler JKU

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
on this site coach net seems to have a good reputation.call them and ask.

Tarheel_2
Explorer
Explorer
I just renewed Coach Net yesterday and my cost was $149. That was for the premium plan. Have had them since 2005. Prior to that I had Good Sams and they couldn't find help for me twice. Both times I found help myself and that is when I dropped them!
Tarheel