cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mattress help.

RickA71
Explorer
Explorer
We are full time now, my wife is a travel nurse. She bought an 8" memory foam thinking she would love it... She hates it. Any suggestions on mattresses? The one that came with the camper is back in MO and we are in NV. I need her to sleep for my own safety!
11 REPLIES 11

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Instead of a solid memory foam mattress, we have the rv mattress with a memory foam topper with cool gel on top of the mattress. I think it's a 3" topper. We had memory foam on our bed at home and I do like the topper on a mattress better than just the foam.

TankerDude
Explorer
Explorer
A few years ago, we had two different memory foam mattresses. I hated both due to the fact that after only a short time, the "memory" part reverted to retaining the indentation where I lay. This resulted in feeling like I was sleeping in a depression, ditch-like condition. Hated it.

Started seeing the Casper mattress being advertised and decided to try it. The price wasn't any more than most other king size mattresses.

I'm here to tell you that Casper was WELL WORTH the money. No indentation retention. It's made from two separate foams, and sleeps like a dream. It comes rolled up in a box. When I first saw it, I thought "Great. This was a mistake." Now? I would recommend it to anyone.

Their warranty: If you don't like it, send it back. FULL refund. THEY pay shipping both ways.
2005 F350 King Ranch PSD LB CC DRW 4x4.
2007 Jayco Eagle 322 FKS.

SASS members aka Texas Toast and Goddess.

Camping with DW Terry,
Bobi-Sue and Billy-Joe,
Westhighland White Terriers

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
The king size Sleep Number bed that came with our new 2008 Dynasty was a piece of junk. After warranty replacements for the pump and wands, it failed again.

It found it's way to a dumpster outside St. Louis and we went down to the local mattress store and bought a king Beauty Rest pillow top mattress! HEAVEN!

The REAL mattress that was so comfortable that when I sold the Dyansty, I bought a regular RV mattress for it so the new owners would have a new mattress and the Beauty Rest replaced one of the Stick and Brick mattresses. Love that mattress!

I will never have any type of mattress that has a pump, electronics or an electric plug.... NEVER!

Safe travels,
MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

DC_MC
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sleep number!!! B
2006 Mandalay 40E motorcoach
2017 Ram PU
2017 Harley Road King
Home base Yuma AZ

CWDoc115
Explorer
Explorer
Sleep Number Bed. Best we have ever bought!

RickA71
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for the suggestions, we have a topper but I think our best bet is to just have her go lay on some different types. I love the memory foam, I sleep like a baby on it but it's momma that need to be happy.

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
OPer after years of many beds in RV even memory foam I bought this at Camping World and has been the best buy since, I can adjust the bed to any firm or soft level and I sleep so much better and it wont go bad in a couple years like most mattress do, I have since bought another adjustable air bed for my house, NO MORE standard beds or memory foam ever for me..

DreamAire RV Bed

Spend more and get more does work here.

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
We bought one from Amazon and it was under 400 dollars and I really liked it. Came folded up in a box so if you can get UPS delivery, you might want to check them out.

md_procouple
Explorer
Explorer
Hi and lol been there we did the travel nursing thing for 2 years. Like others suggested... look possibly a topper, or new mattress. Good Luck and Happy Camping !!
Vickie, Me, and "Scruffy" our dog make THREE
:W

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Why didn't she like the memory foam? We have the www.bedinabox.com original PacBed 11" with gel and love it. They make an RV Queen. The gel makes the mattress cooler. Great warranty too. What size? There are many companies who make RV size mattresses. Camping World has them. How about a topper for the memory foam mattress?
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
Go ta any mattress store. It is just like buying a mattress for a stick and brick house! Just make sure whatever you buy fits the space.