cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1997 Alfa Gold 5th wheel new owner needs help

Deuceofspades
Explorer
Explorer
Hoping to connect with other Alfa Gold owners, especially those owning older 90's models. I just bought a 1997 38' model, which I am going to use as an office and to store merch and clothes. It's going to sit on the property here and not intended for travel.

Overall it's not in too bad of shape, but there are a few repairs I'd love to do and since Alfa Leisure is gone bye bye, and it's an older trailer, finding parts and tech support is going to be a challenge. I did TALK TO ALFATEERS in Fontana this morning, but honestly they had none of the parts I needed and overall didn't seem to know a whole lot about my model. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Can anyone here provide help / advice / tips on where to find what I need? (see my next post)
Faith, Kaya and Cody
2006 Monaco Monarch - 30F
Wells Cargo car trailer
7 REPLIES 7

ChuckV1
Explorer
Explorer
Entry door handles with locks can e bought thought any RV dealer or repair shop, as well the under storage compartments are more than likely the standard key used in most older RV compartments, not sure of the number but I believe it is a
(751 key):)

Joppy
Explorer
Explorer
I had a 1995 Alfa Gold and the ac unit needs 50 amp to work it won't work on household current. Good luck
1995,F350,DRW,Diesel,Banks Power Pack,exhaust brake,smart loc. Gauges, Hayden tranny cooler
1995 Alfa Gold

Jim-Linda
Explorer
Explorer
Regarding the vents, if they are the standard 14x14, any RV supply outlet will have them.

Jim

Deuceofspades
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
95% of parts are off the shelf. The rest were Alfa designed stuff. Everything you need will be available at any number of RV stores and online.

Mmmm, no many of the "off the shelf" things in those Alfa Golds were made by companies that are no longer in business. For example, my vents.

So I know how to buy RV parts online ;), I have been FT RVer for 6 years now... Finding spare parts for my Monaco Rv is not difficult, but for the Alfa Gold made in 97 that's another story. What I need is leads for spare parts specifically for alfa Golds, and note that I already contacted alfateers, and they were not able to help me with my specific parts.
Faith, Kaya and Cody
Wells Cargo car trailer

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
95% of parts are off the shelf. The rest were Alfa designed stuff. Everything you need will be available at any number of RV stores and online.

Deuceofspades
Explorer
Explorer
LIST OF PARTS I NEED AND QUESTIONS I HAVE:

1- AC units question: There are two of them under the trailer. Thermostat control box works ๐Ÿ™‚ but we were not able to get either of the AC units to react (not even with "fan only" setting). We were not at an RV park so we just had weak house power connected for the purpose of basic inspection. I would think the units should still try to fire up and then pop the breakers, but you tell me? Breakers never popped, and units never reacted. there was an IDENTICAL trailer at same storage place and the owner was there and said he was able to fire up his AC units when connected to 50 amp, but now with same weak house power, his were not kicking (but fan only did work). that left me wondering if the power was my problem with lack of reaction of my AC units...

2 - owner has none of the keys (entry door and under storage compartments) wha is the best way for me to tackle this problem and get keys?

3 - slide up windows have no "handles" so you can't get leverage to move them up or hold them up open or eveb latch them. Where can I get something like that at reasonable prices?

4 - Any leads for low prices on slide out weather seals?

5 - Two of my vents have stripped gears, so when you press the controler button, they cannot open up (but try to). Alfateer said I'd have to replace the entire thing (vent and its control unit) because the company that made those vents on those models is out of business, so I'm thinking, maybe I can find spare parts somewhere from a salvage unit? Any suggestions?

There are a few more things but I'll leave it at that for now.
Faith, Kaya and Cody
Wells Cargo car trailer

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 1994 Alfa SeeYa. Most of the parts will be hard to get if they were specific to Alfa 5th wheels.

Common RV/marine parts can be purchased at RV or Mrine supply stores or online. PPL Motorhomes Parts department is my favorite online supplier.

Other components common to homes can be purchased at Hardware, plumbing or home supply stores. Suspension parts, brakes are available through Dexter or RV/ Trailer supply

Anything else you will need to fabricate or modify something similar.

Most RV manufacturers use components common to the RV industry it just takes some digging to find what you need.