cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Full Length Queen size beds

laserdogs
Explorer
Explorer
Who besides Winnebago makes a Class C with a full length (80") queen size bed? Almost everyone has 74" long beds, and my husband is 6'3" (75 inches). Everytime I find a floor plan I like, the bed is too short for him ๐Ÿ˜ž
20 REPLIES 20

laserdogs
Explorer
Explorer
So after searching for floorplans with long beds, we ended up falling in love with a 2007 Jayco Super C with a short bed, and suddenly,my husband is willing to live with a short bed ๐Ÿ™‚

Picking it up this afternoon!

samven1
Explorer
Explorer
The Four Winds 22E has a long double. I thought it was a queen until I went to get sheets, its 54w by 80l, very hard to find a topper or sheets.
Sam
03 Dodge Ram 1500 QC LB Hemi
2015 Four Winds 22E Chevy

FunTwoDrv
Explorer
Explorer
Our Freelander 28QB has a full Queen. We replaced the original mattress with one purchased from a bedding store...sleeps grest!

Gary

Badlands
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2016 Coachman Leprechaun 319DS has the 80" queen mattress, in a walk around configuration. At just over 6'2", I love it.
Badlands

JohninSD
Explorer
Explorer
I'm 6'4" and am quite comfortable sleeping on a short queen in my Itasca Navion 24G. I've slept with my feet hanging off the end of the bed most of my life - from twin size bed as a (tall) teenager to army bunks to the old "full size" double beds. Now it just feels weird to not have my feet hanging over - YMMV.

rekoj71
Explorer
Explorer
If you are looking at rv's that have a bed in a slide out forcing it to be short for closing reasons, an option is to after opening the slide, pull the mattress down away from the wall and put in a spacer that would be under your pillows. We have a king, but we bought a full king foam mattress and cut it to the right length for traveling and kept the cut off, then we put the cut off at the top, under the pillow end and let the last 6 inches hang over the end of the platform. It doesn't sag enough to notice.
Just another option.

gmctoyman
Explorer
Explorer
Forester 2251 SLE
Dave W. AKA "Toyman"
KE5GOH - On 146.52
RV's ? What RV's ???
Apache Pop-up
Classic GMC Motorhome
07 Leisure Travel Sprinter
Do Boats Count ?

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
Our walk around short queen is fore and aft in a rear bedroom with no slide. I actually toted a full queen mattress in there to see if I could make it work. No Joy! Couldn't pass from the hallway past the end of the bed to get to the sides of the bed. Luckily, we aren't too tall for the short bed. Mostly, we wanted to be able to use ordinary queen sheets and have a decent fit. Worked around that with elastic corner "garters."
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
We extended our bed by placing a piece of plywood under the mattress. For legs cut two 4/4 posts the height needed drilled a hole thru the plywood and into the center of the posts dropped a carriage bolt down into the hole.
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
It may not be what you are looking for otherwise, but our Sunseeker 2300 has a full length queen bed in the rear corner. Most brands have a similar model.
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

laserdogs
Explorer
Explorer
Korbe - I'm guessing your bedroom isn't a slideout, correct? I assume the ones with slides use all available room for the bed when the slide is closed. I was thinking the ones without a slide might allow for some lengthening...

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
No pics, but the walkway around the foot of the bed went from about 2 feet wide to just about a foot with the longer bed. I put a piece of plywood on the bed frame to extend outward so the mattress wouldn't sag. and with our new setup, we don't access the underbed storage anymore. it's a pillow top and kinda heavy - but really comfy.

laserdogs
Explorer
Explorer
Korbe - do you have photos? I suggested something similar to my husband, but would be nice to show him it can be done.

Sully2
Explorer
Explorer
laserdogs wrote:
Who besides Winnebago makes a Class C with a full length (80") queen size bed? Almost everyone has 74" long beds, and my husband is 6'3" (75 inches). Everytime I find a floor plan I like, the bed is too short for him ๐Ÿ˜ž

NO ONE sleeps in a full height ( extended) position! They sleep in a "semi fetal" sort of way and thusly dont need a bed as long as they are standing tall
presently.....Coachless!...
2002 Jeep Liberty
2016 Ford Escape