cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sprinter Windshield covers--Inside/Outside (SOLVED)

Horizon170
Explorer
Explorer
2008 Sprinter/Freightliner 3500, "C".
We want complete privacy plus be able to use the cab space when set up.
I see one piece outside covers and also 3 piece inside covers.
I would appreciate any and all of your preferences and why.
Also link to brands.
Thanks for all replies.
Marvin

2010 Coachman Freelander 22TB on a
2008 Sprinter/Freightliner chassis
1995 Geo Tracker (Toad)
10 REPLIES 10

Horizon170
Explorer
Explorer
Many thanks everyone. Inside and outside works for me depending on the situation.
Marvin
Marvin

2010 Coachman Freelander 22TB on a
2008 Sprinter/Freightliner chassis
1995 Geo Tracker (Toad)

firefighter33
Explorer
Explorer
Have used both depending on the situation. For longer stays I prefer the outside covers, but for short stays or ease of use I use the indoor covers. Using both provides more insulation on hot days. Hope this helps.
Louisiana Firefighter 41 years, retired
๐Ÿ™‚ :)32' Forester by Forest River

JohninSD
Explorer
Explorer
I use a Fanchers outside cover when it's hot, along with a piece of Reflectix between the windshield and the cover. When it's cool or raining and I just want privacy I use the inside pleated shades that came with my Navion. With the Fanchers cover it is important to be careful installing and removing it to avoid scratching the paint (it is held in place with magnets in the corners). Don't drag the corners across the paint! If there is any dirt or especially sand on the cover it will scratch.

wendyly
Explorer
Explorer
We found our inside covers at https://sprinterstore.com

We've used them for two years without any issues.
2014 Forest River Solera 24R

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
We had both inside and outside for our E-450, used whichever one fit the situation. If rain was forecast, we used the interior set so we didn't have to store a wet outer cover. If it was hot, we used the white outer cover to reflect heat. If it was really cold, we used both for extra insulation.
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

EsoxLucius
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.eurocampers.com/mobile/Sprinter-Window-Insulation-Sets_c_61.html

https://www.eurocampers.com/mobile/Sprinter-Cab-Window-Covers_c_44.html
2013 LTV Unity MB Theater Seats
635 watts solar panels, 440 AH batteries, BlueSky Solar Boost 3024iL & IPN-Pro Remote, Magnum MS2000 & ME-RC50 remote
Koni Shocks F & R, Hellwig 7254, SumoSprings F & R
2012 Hyundai Accent SE, Blue Ox Aladdin/Patriot

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had the inside ones and hated them,cumbersome to to put up and store. If you want to see out you had to take them down,then put them back up at night to get privacy.

I chose the outside one with the roll down shades, With roll-down window panels, you have the option of total privacy as well as the ability to take in the views.
Also roll down the door windows to get more air in the cab with a screen over them.

Like This
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad
I had an outside windshield cover for my first RV. Hated it! Doing/undoing got me all dirty and left me with the wet or dirty cover to store inside during the day. Plus, I worried about dirt on the cover scratching the RV. The only advantage I can think of is that the cover possibly protected the wiper blades from sun damage.

I have been happy for many years now with interior covers which I made from Reflectix. Privacy plus insulation. Always clean. Roll up or lie flat for storage.
2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
I ow lots of folks who use the outside type. Personally, one of the things I like about a class C is the ability to walk from the house to the cab and drive away without having to go outside (I rarely go places with hookups). So, I prefer inside shades.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Go to Walmart, and buy Eclipse Rom darkening shades n full size. Use the material to custom make shades that fit. Slide strips and rolling hangers are available at RV supply places. Here is a picture with full sum on the outside, and also the dash cover we made.

Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.