cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mounting TV

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
My new Coleman 300tq Toy Hauler comes with three TV mounting locations. Two are clearly marked for mounting but the mounting for the entertainment center is not. Should I assume that the back of the cabinet is reinforced for a TV mount?

Also is the recessed area in the entertainment area meant to have the TV fit inside the cubby or can the TV be outside the cubby and flush against the wall of the entertainment cabinet. If TV must go inside this will restrict the size of the TV I can put in there to 24" Seems small for such a large cabinet. A retractable mount would allow a 32" to sit outside the cubby flush against the cabinet?

The large cavity is for the TV
2017 Coleman 300tq by Dutchman Toy Hauler. 34.5 feet long and under 10k Gross. 500 watt Solar 2000 watt Inverter, 1999 Ford F250 2WD 7.3 4R100 DP Tuner, S&B Cold Air Intake, Gauges, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Air Bags.
10 REPLIES 10

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
Update:

I ended up adding a 39" Vizio to the main entertainment center using a dual arm mount. The dual arm mount will allow the tv to sit evenly just outside the recessed area of the entertainment center. I found a 1/2" wood thick backing area to screw into in the recessed area for the mount.

The garage and bedroom tv mounts I used a small articulating arm mount for 24" TV's. There was a 1/2" thick wood area to screw for the mount just where the "mount tv here sticker was on the wall.

Garage

Bedroom

2017 Coleman 300tq by Dutchman Toy Hauler. 34.5 feet long and under 10k Gross. 500 watt Solar 2000 watt Inverter, 1999 Ford F250 2WD 7.3 4R100 DP Tuner, S&B Cold Air Intake, Gauges, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Air Bags.

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
I thought about that and have seen those and like them. But their is a mounting location already in the bedroom so, no wiring is involved. Plus the spot in the entertainment center will only hold a 24" Flat Screen. The tv I selected is a 40" and it will sit just 1" outside the frame and more practical for a trailer of this size.

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think if it were mine I'd cut the back out of the internment center put the tv in the area and be able to turn it 180 degrees so I could also watch the same TV while in the bed room.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

rode2nowhere
Explorer
Explorer
that would be the best option, I don't have any space for that

Frankly
Explorer
Explorer
The articulating arm is very good at getting a good view, but it must be secured for travel. If I had a spot that was suitable for a flat wall mount, I would prefer that.
Jerry
2016 Gulfstream Ameri Lite 268BH
2006 Ford Expedition

rode2nowhere
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is mounted there on a bracket, it spins around so you can watch it from the bedroom, I am going to put an articulating arm mount so I can actually watch it from the couch side without looking sideways and getting a stiff neck.

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
What are the odds for mounting a TV mount inside the entertainment center... Wood backing, metal backing or no backing

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
That's what we did and mounted our much larger flatscreen on a swivel arm so that is will sit flush against the face of the cabinet. We also mounted the articulating arm for that same HDTV to a board that was secured to the inside of the cabinet itself.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
"Should I assume.."

Nope but probably is. Check it.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
LED TVs are fairly thin and do not weigh much. I would mount outside the box.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...