cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Window frame not sticking

rcload9
Explorer
Explorer
I have an almost one year old class a diesel that has black window coverings on the exterior of the windows. One of these has come loose and now blows around in the wind while I am driving. It looks like they use a sticky substance from the factory that is no longer sticking.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what product I can use to get it back to normal?

Pictures below, Thanks.

https://ibin.co/3D6VB8r6FtJL.jpg

https://ibin.co/3D6VUBfEhBfG.jpg
5 REPLIES 5

Shadow_Catcher
Explorer
Explorer
3M VHB tape, I have a large solar panel held on the roof of our trailer with it.

Bruce_Brown
Am I looking at that wrong? To me it looks like the window itself and it's just open. Close the window, problem solved.

It sure looks like the new frameless window that's open to me.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
MrWizard wrote:
window frame ?

don't you mean the black window cover {lexan ?}

i would probably get a tube of BLACK polyurethane sealant, put a tiny bead around the frame where the cover is supposed to be
press the cover on and tape it in place until the urethane set
it won't be coming off

or you can leave it at the dealers for a few weeks while they deal with getting the factory to cover the warranty repair

X2. I have found a glue called "shoe goo" to be just about the best glue and sealant I have found. Incredibly strong yet still a tat bit flexible. It's like silicone on steroids.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

MrWizard
window frame ?

don't you mean the black window cover {lexan ?}

i would probably get a tube of BLACK polyurethane sealant, put a tiny bead around the frame where the cover is supposed to be
press the cover on and tape it in place until the urethane set
it won't be coming off

or you can leave it at the dealers for a few weeks while they deal with getting the factory to cover the warranty repair
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
1 year old class A....start at the source. Probably a warranty issue. I'd call the dealer or manufacturer for a fix or suggestion.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro