cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Permanant importation of RV into Mexico

Usk_Coastie
Explorer
Explorer
We are becoming permanent residents here in Mexico. I have been unable to find any information on PERMANENTLY IMPORTING an RV into Mexico. I dont need info on a TIP as the current RV has a 10 year permit right now. Since it is rated for 11000 lbs gvw (Sprinter class B RV) but has a German vin code I assume it can not be imported. This will be sold and a Ford/Chev chassied rv purchased. As these will all be over the 8500 GVW limit how can one be imported into Mexico?

There must be some process as we have seen a few MX plated RV's in our travels. Any of the Auto importers I've contacted have not had a clue as to how to do this.

Thanx
3 REPLIES 3

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Presently the import rules have changed. I don't think you can do the import with an FMM . Maybe not with a Residente Temporal. Must be done at the border. If you contact a broker in Nogales they know the ins and outs. The cost has gone up. I think it is more like 30% of Black Book.

Moisheh

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
You can also import any "new" product. We imported our TT new. We went through an border agent who did the paperwork. Before purchase, I found the border agent and then sent him what I wanted to purchase. He approved the purchase. It was a 2008 (new) purchased in 2010.

Total import cost including taxes, border agent, paperwork, and plates came to 22% of the total purchase price.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

Talleyho69
Your vehicle must be 2009 or newer and be NAFTA produced. The VIN number is the key to whether it's NAFTA or not, google it.