cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I-10 Westbound through Phoenix

Trap
Explorer
Explorer
We are heading to the Good Sam Rally at the Phoenix International Raceway on thursday morninig and have heard that there is a lot of road construction with detours on the I 10 shortly before the turnoff to the Raceway.

Anyone having up to date info would be appreciated, my info packet says we are to use I-10 to go to the track.

Thanks Trap
6 REPLIES 6

azjeffh
Explorer
Explorer
Check HERE for additional info.
Jeff
Wonderful wife Robin
2016 F350 PSD Dually
2016 DRV 38RSSA

Trap
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the help, guess we will just try and go in as per directions, as they haven't sent me anything different and other than rush hour according to goggle maps the traffic is going through fairly good.

Trap
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the help, guess we will just try and go in as per directions, as they haven't sent me anything different.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Here are the driving recommendations from the track web site. Compare them with directions you have. Can you call the rally phone # for clarification on the construction? Or do you know someone else who will be there already that you can contact? I haven't heard of anything major in that area. Road repairs happen all over the country. You sometimes have to just go with the flow - even if it's slow. You'll get there. Plan to get around Phoenix between 9am and 2pm. for a little less traffic, as is the case in most big cities. As far as Phoenix goes, we find it a lot easier to get through than some others in the country.

https://www.phoenixraceway.com/Visiting-Phoenix-Raceway/Directions-To-Phoenix-Raceway.aspx
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have always found I10 very congested during rush hour periods especially going thru the south portion around the Tempe AZ exits and the Airport exits...

The other major problem we found with the Phoenix Metroplex was with most of the streets including I10 is they are mostly East/West streets and highways and it is really a challenge to see anything when Sun is setting.

This is when the locals all pull into their favorite local pubs for 30-40 minutes and wait out the setting sun haha...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Trap wrote:
We are heading to the Good Sam Rally at the Phoenix International Raceway on thursday morninig and have heard that there is a lot of road construction with detours on the I 10 shortly before the turnoff to the Raceway.

Anyone having up to date info would be appreciated, my info packet says we are to use I-10 to go to the track.

Thanks Trap

I just drove I-10 from Calif. to the area you are going 2 weeks ago and did not run into any road work/construction. Check the source of your info then contact the Ariz. Road dept. for the latest and most accurate info on 1-10 road conditions.