cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

wisconsin to colorado in a 32 foot class C

vintholidays
Explorer
Explorer
planning a trip from wisconsin to colorado, rocky mountain national park looking for safe and scenic way there, would love to be ablel to do some mountain roads.... our first time on long trip in this new rv, any advise is greatly appreciated!!!
4 REPLIES 4

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
There's a lot more to Colorado than Rocky Mtn. Nat'l Park. Yes, it's great to see but do explore more of Colorado as you can find areas without all the crowds.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

vintholidays
Explorer
Explorer
thanks so much for your good information, thats a great starting point, I'll look those route up on the atlas. We will be leaving wisconsin from the southeast part of the state and plan to travel during the summer. Thanks again

IDman
Explorer
Explorer
This is the second time you have posted this. What was wrong with the first answers?

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've been back/forth between WI and CO many times over the years, the usual route being I-80 just for expediency. However, if you're looking for good routes for getting off the interstate there are a variety of US highways that will do the trick. You won't, however, have any mountains until you actually get to Colorado.

A favourite and recommended route from/to points east would be US 36 across Missouri and Kansas, coming in to Colorado and hooking up with I-70 east of the Denver Metro area. Another route could be US 20 across Iowa and Nebraska, and then US 385 south to I-80 and on to I-76 to take west to US 34, which takes you to Loveland CO and the gateway to RMNP. US 34 also runs across southern Iowa and southern Nebraska, so depending on where you are in Wisconsin, that could also be a good scenic route. Frankly, anything off the interstate will be more scenic!

You don't indicate your starting point in Wisconsin or when you plan to do this. Depending on when (before Memorial Day 2017), there's a detour getting from Loveland to RMNP due to construction. That becomes a moot point after Memorial Day 2017. Also depending on the "when", weather could be a factor.
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.