cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Belfast, Maine - End of June 2017

Wardster
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I have been to Belfast twice before and stayed at the Belfast Bay Inn, but now we have the little one and a TC, so we are going to camp this time. Looking for suggestions/recommendations for the area that are within a short driving distance of Belfast, Maine.

Thanks in advance.
2016 Northern Lite 8'11" Q Classic Special Edition
2003 GMC 2500HD Crew Cab 4x4 - Duramax/Allison
7 REPLIES 7

sp8gold
Explorer
Explorer
We also used Camden Hills State Park. We enjoyed our stay.

gradygal
Explorer
Explorer
If you are over 21 and like peace and quiet, check out Wild Duck Campground in Scarborough Maine. We have stayed there many times and have made Seasonal reservations for 2017. No kids. It is an "Adult Campground" very close to Portland; adjacent to the Audobon Society Scarborough Marsh.

No pool but very close to the beach and about 1/2 hour to Freeport.

Judi

Wardster
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the responses. We made reservations at Moorings for the week, but we are going to spend at least one night a little north of Portland. Currently looking at Recompence Shore Campground, but we are open to suggestions/recommendations near this area.
2016 Northern Lite 8'11" Q Classic Special Edition
2003 GMC 2500HD Crew Cab 4x4 - Duramax/Allison

GaryInMaine
Explorer
Explorer
Steve B. wrote:
I found this campground while renting a cottage last summer in nearby Brooksville, as my elderly mother does not camp anymore. I loved the area, many little harbors nearby, some good restaurants and no crowds. This is a new campground and it looks like they are doing a nice job of getting it going. Belfast is not far away. I've put it on my list of places to try as I wander up the coast of Maine. I've been camping up there many years.
http://reachknolls.com

I rarely stay in campgrounds, but yes Reach Knolls is one of few I enjoy! Great place, great people. But it is a 30 - 40 min trip to Belfast. But it is worth the drive.
2013 Wildcat Sterling Edition

Steve_B_
Explorer
Explorer
I found this campground while renting a cottage last summer in nearby Brooksville, as my elderly mother does not camp anymore. I loved the area, many little harbors nearby, some good restaurants and no crowds. This is a new campground and it looks like they are doing a nice job of getting it going. Belfast is not far away. I've put it on my list of places to try as I wander up the coast of Maine. I've been camping up there many years.
http://reachknolls.com
2000 Twister by Fifties Trailers,
2017 Honda Ridgeline
2003 Miniature Schnauzer, Meyer

GaryInMaine
Explorer
Explorer
There are two very close to Belfast:

Moorings

Searsport Shores

Both are on the water with very friendly staff.
2013 Wildcat Sterling Edition

CloudDriver
Explorer
Explorer
We like Camden Hills State Park.
2003 Winnebago Minnie 24F - Ford E-450๐Ÿ™‚