Explorer
Explorer
Any advise on these maintanence issues?
10 REPLIES 10

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
it takes 43 quarts of oil. I'm not ready to mess with that much 'stuff'.

That kind of puts it in perspective :)! IF I tried it there would be a hazmat team out front containing the mess in the yard and I'd look like a bird in the Exxon spill!
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Depends...If you have a gasser, I'd change the oil myself and lube it as necessary. If it's a diesel, like mine, it takes 43 quarts of oil. I'm not ready to mess with that much 'stuff'. Speedco lubes the coach, changes the oil, checks the tranny and the diff, changes both fuel filters and the oil filter, checks the air pressure in all tires, checks the water and condition of all the batteries and checks the SCA in the coolant. All for less than $300. They will also do an oil health check. Finally, if you need it, they'll service your genset as well...I have mine serviced as part of my annual maintenance....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lots of lube can be done with a grease gun and oil is simple. I just lube every 4 oil changes.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
By lube do you mean oil change? In any case, the advice is to change both at the required interval or once per year if less miles are driven.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

jamesroadking
Explorer
Explorer
Read your Owner's Manual. Your questions will be answered specifically for your particular vehicle. Not all vehicles require the same maintenance and at the same intervals.

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
I lube the chassis every time I change oil and filter. (4000 to 5000 miles) Every 30,000 miles I change the (serpentine) belt, upper and lower radiator hoses, and, of course the anti-freeze. And the fuel filter.

Then, I store the recently changed belt and hoses.....y'never know.

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are you looking to do it yourself, where to take it to to be done, or? Your profile isn't complete, so we can't tell what type of MH you have.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

dalenoel
Explorer II
Explorer II
roadrat57 wrote:
Any advise on these maintanence issues?

What exactly is the question? I just purchased my coach and had a local place do the chassis lube and engine oil change. Now I'm learning and finding all the filters and lube points. As they come due I plan on doing it myself. Oil change will still be done by them as I don't want to deal with that much old oil.

I've replaced the air filter, air filter minder, and gotten replacement filters for all the other items. I'm now working on the service items for the Onan generator.

Try to reword your question or expand on it and the group here can help.
03 Monaco Neptune 36PBD DP - 18 Focus Toad
Wife, myself, and Oreo the Malshi

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, you should do those things periodically based on the manufacturer recommendations.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

roadrat57
Explorer
Explorer
Lube chassis and replace fuel filter