cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is this a good deal for a used 2016 sun seeker 3050?

Crad09
Explorer
Explorer
I am in the market for a used rv. I was wanting to get ag least a 3 year to avoid major depreciation. I found a 2016 sun seeker 3050 for $59,900 which seems like a great deal. Although if does have 22,000 miles which seems like a lot for one year old. Any advice? What do you guys think?
3 REPLIES 3

Lumpty
Explorer
Explorer
With that many miles it was likely a dealer rental unit. Might not be an issue but could be.
Rob

Too Many Toys.
- '11 E450 Sunseeker 2300
- '16 F150 Supercrew 5.0/FX4
- '09 C6 Z51
- '15 VW Golf Sportwagen daily driver
- '86 Civic and '87 CRX race cars

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
I'd go for 5 years old. I think the price is rather high for the unit you are looking at.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
You might find that new ones are under $70K. We were at a dealer open house last month, and the new Sunseekers were in the upper 60s. Get a quote from rvdirect.com just to see what the typical low price is for new. (You should then be able to find a dealer in your region who will match it, if you want to buy new.)
If the 2016 is built on a 2015 chassis, which is typical, then you will be getting the 5 speed trans instead of the 6 speed which started with the 2016 chassis. For me, I'd definitely want the 6 speed if I was buying almost new. A lot of owners don't like the shift pattern of the 5 speed.
Currently RV-less but not done yet.