cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1967 Terry 20 footer just aquired

jedodd
Explorer
Explorer
It would seem that these are a bit rare as the only ones I find on the net are smaller ... this one has been in same family for the last 50 years and is in great shape for its age .. we plan on keeping it very original as far as looks but upgrading the mechanical and electrics
right now we have to get it out of the place its been hibernating for the last few years and put new tires on it .. anyone out there with other Terry's. we would love to find manuals and such on it .. also will need to source parts for rebuilding the door .. about the only dent in the whole thing is that door ..
9 REPLIES 9

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
We actually had a 1967 Terry and I think it was a 20' trailer. We put some miles and trips on it til we got kids and went he bunk house route. Ours was a rear couch that folded to a bed and a front dinette that folded to a bed. We installed gas lantern between the cabinet doors on the on cabinet over the dinette. What I really liked was the old style Hydro Flame furnace that was all propane and no 12v fan. Kept the trailer super warm and used no electricity! Had a nice outdoor storage cubby in the back side of the trailer too.
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!

Downwindtracke1
Explorer
Explorer
Don't use pressure treated lumber that comes in contact with aluminum. It eats the aluminum.

I had aluminum skin corrode from the inside out on a '72 hard top tent trailer.
Adventure before dementia

Dave_Pete
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good for you! Vintage rules. 🙂

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Congratulations on the purchase of your Travel Trailer. This forum is a great resource if you have any specific questions don't be afraid to ask. It helps to use the brand name and model number of each thing you are asking about. For example : if you say the furnace doesn't work give us the name and model of the furnace. That way we can help you better.

Everything has a learning curve and after you get it figured out you will see that it is easy to understand the systems in your travel trailer.

Have a nice day and, Welcome to the board !!

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Manuals have always been generic, don't spend any time trying to find them. When you have the trailer, look it over very carefully for water intrusion. You will be doing a lot of sealing, don't use silicone. Ask here for the right materials.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Chrisatthebeach
Explorer
Explorer
I rebuilt the door on the Terry I used to have, the inner and outer skins and the frame was good, the wood inside had rotted. I ripped down pressure treated 2x4 to the correct dimension and with the original frame, some construction adhesive and new wood screws reassembled it to as good as new.
Chris & Dianne
Jayco Designer 3110 SOLD 6-11-2016, looking for the next one.
F250 PSD 4x4 Crew Cab

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the forum and congrats on you Terry.

Pictures are always welcome. 🙂

Tin Can Tourists is a site for vintage RV's.

eubank
Explorer
Explorer
Isn't it cool to think you've got a 50 year old RV? Ours is 50 this year, too!

Hitch yourself up with the TinCan Tourists. And with places like Vintage Trailer Supply online.

🙂
Lynn

Alabama_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Best wishes on restoring as needed. I pray God grants you many fun and safe trips.