cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I replace a rocker arm switch?

Snomas
Explorer
Explorer
I have a heater block switch that is mfg by pass and seymour cat # SCO 70R. It is a mobile home rocker arm switch . Has anyone replaced one or replaced with another type of switch. It is located in the ceiling of a cabinet and not much room for an electrical box therefore I probably need to use and exact replacement switch since it is self contained.
2006 WINNEBAGO ASPECT 29H Ford E450 Super Duty
2018 F150 Lariat Crew Cab, Coyote 5.0 L RWD
8 REPLIES 8

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
I changed mine to a switch with a light that is on when the switch is one. The switch is called a furnace switch and available at home Depot or lowes. I installed a mobile home electrical box that clamps to the wall material(same box used in rvs). Sure do like the little red light on when the block heater is on.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I did a search on goggle using your part number and got the same thing DUTCH 12078 got in his link above... For $5.99 I would just replace the rocker switch...

If you are drawing too much current then you may need to get a larger rated Rocker switch like SCOTTG says...

Roy ken...
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
There is a 20 amp version of this switch. Since your running a heater load through it this might keep it from failing again soon.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Replacement:

Pass & Seymour White Self Contained Rocker Wall Switch
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Snap off the cover plate and loosen the two screws, switch and box is all one piece.

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Gonzo42 wrote:
Most rocker switches that I have used are snap-in type and are really easy to remove. If you don't have any screws there, that's probably it.

X2. Also some have an underside mount as well that screw on from underneath.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
How confident are you that the switch is really bad?
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
Most rocker switches that I have used are snap-in type and are really easy to remove. If you don't have any screws there, that's probably it.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.