cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

fold out tent bunk D-Seal replacement

heathtrost
Explorer
Explorer
anybody found the rubber seal needed for hybrid fold out tent bunk beds?

I have a KZ 2006 Coyote and they want $2 a foot for it from KZ.

Curious if others have found this some where else...

thanks
16 REPLIES 16

aficio
Explorer
Explorer
Did anyone come up with a seal replacement that worked for the Coyote bunk end seal? I have an 08 that I need to replace and RZ no longer sells them.
Thank You

gwh1bass
Explorer
Explorer
And now I go back to Amazon to find my seals and everything has changed. Previously I could pull up the kind of seal I wanted and there would be an option of a dozen width height combos, now gone. WTH.

gwh1bass
Explorer
Explorer
yote' wrote:
I got quoted $2.25 per foot for 45 foot from uni grip. I have the 3 bunks. Ended up getting the job done at a local shop cause I had a few other things done as well but I don't remember what they used. I know if wasn't Uni grip. I did all the removal of old to save on labor.

I used a heat gun when removing old caulking, worked well after I got it down.

gwh1bass
Explorer
Explorer
Pbois334 wrote:
Hey bass. Funny thing is when I emailed the. They responded at $1.50ft and when I called the, she said it was over $6 per ft. They honored the emailed price but weren't happy about it.. They then charged me an extra $40 on my cc as well as $26 shipping. Lol. Called and complained and they made good. Ended up costing $60 total for 20ft

Thanks for the info. I have no interest in playing that game, with that said I have found an adhesive backed D bulb seal manufactured by Trim-lok who also has an Amazon store. Looks like pricing could be $14 to $23 for 25 lineal feet depending on which seal I go with.

There is a lot of variation between the bunk door and it's frame so I'm thinking .75" wide by .625 tall might work for me.

My 2006 KZ 23CFK did not come with any type of seal at the bottom of the bunk door at the hinge, I think I'll try to come up with something for this location also.

yote_
Explorer
Explorer
I got quoted $2.25 per foot for 45 foot from uni grip. I have the 3 bunks. Ended up getting the job done at a local shop cause I had a few other things done as well but I don't remember what they used. I know if wasn't Uni grip. I did all the removal of old to save on labor.

Pbois334
Explorer
Explorer
Hey bass. Funny thing is when I emailed the. They responded at $1.50ft and when I called the, she said it was over $6 per ft. They honored the emailed price but weren't happy about it.. They then charged me an extra $40 on my cc as well as $26 shipping. Lol. Called and complained and they made good. Ended up costing $60 total for 20ft

gwh1bass
Explorer
Explorer
Pbois334 wrote:
The old seal came up easily. I used a heat gun to soften up the glue and was able to scrape most of the glue off. Uni grip makes a great product but expensive. $6 ft. 20 ft min order

Wow an old email from uni-grip, they quoted me $1.50 a foot.

Pbois334
Explorer
Explorer
The old seal came up easily. I used a heat gun to soften up the glue and was able to scrape most of the glue off. Uni grip makes a great product but expensive. $6 ft. 20 ft min order

aclovelace
Explorer
Explorer
I am also looking for a SD-725 bulb seal. Uni-grip has what I need but they will only sell me 30' of it. I need less than half of that. I hate to have to buy more than twice what I need. I am interested in other places to purchase as well.

gwh1bass
Explorer
Explorer
I have not yet dealt with my seals, but I looked on the unifrip website and I see there are a lot more options available.

Pbois334 did you have much trouble removing the old seal and glue?

Been removing and replacing vertical caulk with ProflexRV, seems to be a good product

Pbois334
Explorer
Explorer
I used sd-313T from uni grip on my trail sport. A tad bigger than what was on it but seals very well.

yote_
Explorer
Explorer
Did you try the SD 802 T seal? I'm looking to replace my seals also and wondering if this worked or if you went another route.

gwh1bass
Explorer
Explorer
Something like a tape seal SD 802 T

heathtrost
Explorer
Explorer
which seal are you looking at from Uni-Grip Inc?

http://uni-grip.com/?page_id=60