cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

King Dome in motion satelite dish model 9762-LP

iguana07
Explorer
Explorer
I have been told by tech support for King Dome that my unit is no longer able to track satellites. They told me it was obsolete as of March 2016
MFG Date is 7/28/2008 you would think an expensive unit as this would last longer than that.
Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so were you also told that your unit needs to be replaced with a new one. I was told there is no fix.
Chuck n Sandy
Roxy the Kelpie and Kiki the cat.
5 REPLIES 5

iguana07
Explorer
Explorer
Ok just spoke with KingDome again and they still say in March 2016 Dish Network did tweeks on their satellites Which interferes with Direct tv satellites on these dishes. You may get lucky and lock into a sat but it could take time. This also was confirmed. With a satellite repair in Yuma i called to see if it could be repaired or updated. Only fix is replace. If you buy directly from King Dome and you had this dish they will give you a discount
Chuck n Sandy
Roxy the Kelpie and Kiki the cat.

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
I know for a fact the March 16th date is in-correct, we used ours(same model) on our trip between July and October 2016. Now I will admit that it seems to be taking longer to lock on and each time I powered down, I played Hell getting the signal back. I had a old APU(power unit) around so I now don't lose power to the unit no matter what I'm doing on the road or at camp.

Not to worry though, I always have my backup Sat system....an even older Datron system that still works just fine when parked.
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

chuckbear
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
iguana07 wrote:
I have been told by tech support for King Dome that my unit is no longer able to track satellites. They told me it was obsolete as of March 2016
MFG Date is 7/28/2008 you would think an expensive unit as this would last longer than that.
Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so were you also told that your unit needs to be replaced with a new one. I was told there is no fix.

It is only obsolete if you are a Dish Network customer. Dish changed the way they broadcast their signal and it rendered all of the older dome style antennas wonky. They technically still work a little and will sometimes lock onto one of the Dish satellites but it won't toggle and you can't really know which satellite it will find.

The dome still works just fine with the DirecTV service except the dome style antennas still cannot receive and of the DirecTV HD programming.

Not completely correct. Like our KingDome, many are now NOT working with DirecTV. We spent many hours with KingDome tech support trying to get it to work with DirectTV with no success. They finally confided that domes are failing to lock in on DirecTV Satellites and even with tweaking the transponders in the KingDome software, eventually it would loose the lock once the dome was powered down and repowered. So it may or may not work with DirecTV and in a short period of time, will stop working with everything. So why not avoid that hassles and replace now? Chuck

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
iguana07 wrote:

It is only obsolete if you are a Dish Network customer. Dish changed the way they broadcast their signal and it rendered all of the older dome style antennas wonky. They technically still work a little and will sometimes lock onto one of the Dish satellites but it won't toggle and you can't really know which satellite it will find.

The dome still works just fine with the DirecTV service except the dome style antennas still cannot receive and of the DirecTV HD programming.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

chuckbear
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, only fix is to replace. We went with the Winegard Trav'ler. Chuck