Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Thermostat issues

CWDoc115
Explorer
Explorer
1999 Winnebago Adventurer 32T
Thermostat is a Coleman Mach

Thermostat started having problems over the weekend. The AC will not work, neither will the heater but the fan works fine.

Anyone have the problem & what was the cure?

Thanks in advance for your help! :h
5 REPLIES 5

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
The air conditioner fan on (and fan speed) switch doesn't need power to operate. The rest of the thermostat functions probably do. I would check the 12V supply and ground at the thermostat (which would be two of the wires from the air conditioner).

CWDoc115
Explorer
Explorer
I checked the breakers, they seem fine. The heater does not work, & the fan in the overhead AC unit will work when the Tstat is set to fan, but when the switch is moved to AC it shuts down. I'm totally confused....

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Go over everything from power outlet, breakers, and plug ins (is it plugged or hard wired?) Then gently pull the t-stat and verify wires.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
Did you check all fuses and circuit breakers?
Was there some event just prior to it quit working?
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter

path1
Explorer
Explorer
CWDoc115 wrote:
Anyone have the problem & what was the cure?

With mine...I pulled the t-stat and noticed a wire was broken at a spade connection that hooks on the back.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"