cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are you seeing with Class A Financing?

Mondooker
Explorer
Explorer
Many have probably noticed that interest rates have gone up from Good Sam's and other quoting 4.59 and higher. Some will give a 30 day guarantee while others will not.

Do you guys know anything about southeast financial? I know they will give a 30 day finance guarantee where Good Sam's and others won't. The 30 days could be important as the Feds may be looking for a rate bump in mid to late March.
9 REPLIES 9

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
Mondooker wrote:
I've looked at the US Bank site but it doesn't show anything about interest rate. Do you guys have any idea?

Have you called them? Rates vary on product, credit worthiness, equity of the vehicle being leveraged, and can change day over day so it's not uncommon for banks not to have rates posted on their site due to a myriad of factors. There's a good chance you won't know your rate until you actually apply. You can have them do a "soft pull" so it won't show up as an inquiry on your credit report which can degrade the score.
2013 ACE 29.2

Mondooker
Explorer
Explorer
I've looked at the US Bank site but it doesn't show anything about interest rate. Do you guys have any idea?

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
Mile High wrote:
janstey58 wrote:
My local USBANK beat Camping World on interest and down payment, but when I told CW that I wanted to finance outside of CW, and I could just bring them a check, they told me the deal was no longer. I am guessing there were some hidden $$$ in the CW deal they would have lost, like kickback from Great Western Bank, their financial vendor. I ended up going with CW, but my bank told me call them in 6mos and I can refinance the loan with them at the lower rate, if it is still available.

X2 on USBank. They are pretty competitive on RV loans.

X3, US Bank did my deal as well.

Yes many dealerships do make a fee from using their preferred banks..

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
janstey58 wrote:
My local USBANK beat Camping World on interest and down payment, but when I told CW that I wanted to finance outside of CW, and I could just bring them a check, they told me the deal was no longer. I am guessing there were some hidden $$$ in the CW deal they would have lost, like kickback from Great Western Bank, their financial vendor. I ended up going with CW, but my bank told me call them in 6mos and I can refinance the loan with them at the lower rate, if it is still available.

X2 on USBank. They are pretty competitive on RV loans.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

jtad
Explorer
Explorer
If your a USAA member or can become one they have great rates.
2004 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40DST

MetalGator
Explorer III
Explorer III
crasster wrote:
I have found LOCAL credit unions to be the best.

My local credit union has great rates on purchasing vehicles but their rates on RVs and boats aren't competitive. I wish they were as I just ordered a new RV and would have like to have financed through them.
2018 Miramar 35.3 Motorhome
3 fur kids (Monty, ZuZu and Pinto)
Rainbow bridge (Murphy, Petie, Lola)

janstey58
Explorer
Explorer
Jeff and Kim
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E
Freightliner Chassis 380HP DP
2012 Ford Escape Limited Toad

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have found LOCAL credit unions to be the best.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
No bank will guarantee a rate for longer than 30 days. Primarily because no one knows for sure what rates will be and can fluctuate in a very short period of time. You can pay to lock a rate. There are lots of laws etc that also inhibit banks from "promising" a rate when they actually can't. Truth in lending and host of other regs. But the fact is that banks are in business to make money. If they guarantee you a rate and the fed rate goes up, their margins gets squeezed.
2013 ACE 29.2