cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pendleton to Boise I 84

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunately, we have a funeral to go to in San Antonio and need to leave in the morning. Has anyone been over I84 in the last few days. Because the van is winterized, we are going to stay in a hotel in La Grande but I'm more concerned about the road conditions and in Northern Utah.
4 REPLIES 4

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
On the link posted just above there are links to the road webcameras. I've run this road many times, often in winter. I always look at the cameras before I head out, as there is often a big difference between real and forecast snowfall.

Check the cameras for Meacham (top of Cabbage Hill), Ladd Canyon, and Weatherby rest area. I-84 through Oregon can be a beast in winter.

There are also lots of webcameras in Utah.

Marine_By_Choic
Explorer
Explorer
Cabbage Hill east of Pendleton was clear. No snow anywhere on I-84 in Oregon or Idaho Sunday through Tuesday

Marine_By_Choic
Explorer
Explorer
Roy&Lynne wrote:
Unfortunately, we have a funeral to go to in San Antonio and need to leave in the morning. Has anyone been over I84 in the last few days. Because the van is winterized, we are going to stay in a hotel in La Grande but I'm more concerned about the road conditions and in Northern Utah.

Just came that way. We are in Kanab, UT tonight (Wed). Some snow in northern UT, but certainly passable. We spent last night in Provo area. Woke to 3+" of snow this morning. Highways were just st wet, not slick at all.

Be safe, watch the forecast for winds.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
ODOT trip check
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman