cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Silverware Organizer

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
When we purchased our new Creek Side it did come with a Rubbermaid silverware organizer. This was a nice gesture but really made bad use of the space. I found this real neat poplar hobby wood at Home Depot that I cut down to size and made my own organizer that makes use of all the drawer space.

I rabbeted and dado'd most all of the joints. The bottom is removable and I put a spongy type shelve/drawer liner in so the wood won't get chewed up.

I purposely left it just about 3/4" short so the graters would fit between the end of the organizer and the drawer. Much better now.
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!
4 REPLIES 4

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
TNGW1500SE wrote:
Add two boards to the inside of the drawer to support it and you'll have some storage under it too.

That's a good idea...............I like that!
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
Add two boards to the inside of the drawer to support it and you'll have some storage under it too.

ctpres
Explorer
Explorer
Now - buy another one and stack it on top. Put less used stuff in bottom tray and double your storage. From pic it looks like enough room.
A "Retired" Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste
Chuck USNR, USAF & USCGA and Suzie
Challenger Owners Club

2015 Thor Challenger 37KT
2014 Ford Fiesta
2011 Sea Eagle 385 FT kayak
2009 Polaris RZR
2014 Zenetto Stealth road bike

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Great job!