cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

question

mike2350
Explorer
Explorer
looking for a manufactured storage cabinet for one pound propane cylinders, any body know were i could find such an item or the manufacture name.
thank you
11 REPLIES 11

Jayco23FB
Explorer
Explorer
beemerphile1 wrote:
I've used a group 24 size battery box in the past. I think it held six bottles and battery boxes are vented.

X2 works great
Jayco G2 23FB
2007 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.0L

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
A milk crate works well for us.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

jnharley
Explorer
Explorer
We do not put ours in anything. They are securely stored in one of our storage compartments.
2015 Dodge Dually
2012 NuWa Discover America 355CK

cjoseph
Explorer
Explorer
Milk crate.

You want ventilation, just in case.
Chuck, Heidi, Jessica & Nicholas
2013 Tiffin Allegro 35QBA

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
~DJ~ wrote:
Beg, borrow or steal a table saw. Then you can make custom cabinets exactly how you want them.

How I'd do it ๐Ÿ™‚

Rubber maid makes lots of neat boxes and containers and such, I'm sure one could be made to work, perhaps a corrugated paper box could be slided and diced into dividers or thin wood panels (How Id' do it is thin wood panels)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

_DJ_1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Beg, borrow or steal a table saw. Then you can make custom cabinets exactly how you want them.
'17 Class C 22' Conquest on Ford E 450 with V 10. 4000 Onan, Quad 6 volt AGMs, 515 watts solar.
'12 Northstar Liberty on a '16 Super Duty 6.2. Twin 6 volt AGMs with 300 watts solar.

troubledwaters
Explorer II
Explorer II
I keep mine in a very finely manufactured precision container. And they come in varying sizes so you can find one for just about anything. You should google it. It's called a cardboard box.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
I've used a group 24 size battery box in the past. I think it held six bottles and battery boxes are vented.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

Moved from Forum Technical Support

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
It might help the readers to know why you want the cabinet or what you want to accomplish with it so they can make an appropriate suggestion.

Are you trying to keep them away from kids, make them safer some how, or what? What size of cabinet do you want? Are you talking for storage in your garage, in your RV, or?

FWIW, the last time we had an OSHA inspection in our warehouse, the inspector told us to remove the 1# cylinders from our flammables cabinet. His reasoning was that if a cylinder leaked, the fumes were then concentrated in the cabinet and couldn't dissipate slowly over time. We no longer stored them in the cabinet.

If you want to look for one, look up "safety supplies".

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

sharker6
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe here
2017 Keystone Cougar 29RES, 2008 F250 Diesel FX4